Warehouse Shift Supervisor
Goodwill Industries of Northern New England | Hudson, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
- Assists the Warehouse Coordinator and Warehouse Operations Manager with the warehouse operations. Assumes full responsibility for all warehouse operations in the absence of the Coordinator or Operations Manager.
- Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
- Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
Communication: Functions that pertain to various forms of interacting and collaborating with others.
- Establishes and understands production goals and monitors progress against those goals.
- When a significant variance occurs the supervisor will take actions to correct the problem and notify Manager of variance.
- Works with internal and external equipment maintenance personnel to ensure consistent equipment operations.
- Help customers locate merchandise, answer questions and relieves sales associates at peak times
- Reports and analyzes inventory discrepancies in both New Goods and Donated goods
- Listen to internal and external customer complaints, examine returned merchandise, and resolve problem
Knowledge: Functions that pertain to learning and maintaining levels of information necessary for success.
- Insures quality control of proper grading of Aftermarket product to assure customer satisfaction.
- Understands and trains staff on department equipment operations, safety concerns/maintenance requirements
- Ensures that warehouse teams have adequate supplies necessary to meet their goals including baling wire, pallets, gaylords, tools, shrink wrap, PPE, housekeeping and others.
- Stocks shelves, counters, bins, and racks. Processes customer sales using a cash register and other equipment
- Receives donations, provides donation receipts and assists donors
- Operates powered and manual material handling equipment. Inspects pallets, unload trucks and complete required paperwork.
Administration: Functions that pertain to daily activities of running a business
- Coordinates daily staffing needs for Warehouse Operations shifts with production and safety priorities.
- Establishes and maintains records as directed which could include inventory control, production, recruiting, onboarding, attendance/performance management, payroll, invoicing, and shipping.
- Submits data to appropriate stakeholder(s) on an as-needed basis.
- Closes registers: totals/summarizes funds received, endorses checks, prepares bank deposit slip, and makes deposit.
- Assists w/performance management and hiring process.
- Prepares orders and loads for shipments. Participates in processing new goods shipping and receiving.
Supervision: Functions that pertain to oversight of individuals, departments, or business units.
- Supervises personnel performing training, sorting, processing, inventory control, packing and baling activities including all warehouse associates and forklift operators.
- Assists Warehouse Management w/general management/operations
- Open/close store; secures all store premises including building where applicable
- Maintain store/warehouse premises in clean, safe and efficient manner.
- Supervise personnel in absence of Managers
Financial: Functions that pertain to the fiscal responsibility of a department or business unit
- Understanding of departmental budget and expense control