Albany Engineered Composites | Rochester, NH
Albany Engineered Composites (AEC) designs, develops, and manufactures advanced composite components in order to help our customers push the frontiers of innovation. Our core strength is our ability to produce highly tailored, complex composite components. With our unique blend of products -- including 3D woven structures, traditional and non-traditional 2D composite structures, and discrete through thickness reinforcement technologies, to name a few -- AEC is able to produce composite components and products which meet performance and cost specifications often beyond the reach of metallic or conventional laminated composites.
The Staff Accountant position supports finance practices and objectives that drive a high performance culture emphasizing empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, ethics and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. Staff Accountant position supports finance policies, procedures and programs.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following values: Safety, Fact Based, Accountable, Respectful, Persistence and Ethical. Put Safety first at all times, never compromise on safety for the obtainment of other objectives. Responsible for health and safety of themselves and coworkers.
- Month end closing duties, general journal entry duties and support for other co-workers as required
- Responsible for maintenance of general ledger accounts
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and SOX reporting
- Responsible for AR aging reporting
- Responsible for daily cash reporting
- Responsible for capital spend reporting, placing assets into service and disposal of assets
- Responsible for monthly capital roll forward
- Responsible for intercompany receivables and payables invoicing and journalizing transfers between legal entities within the organization.
- Support month end reporting requirements for management which include ad hoc analytical and data requests.
- Provide support for internal and external audit requests.
- Assist in various process improvement initiatives.
- Other special projects as needed.
- Nothing in this document restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- 2-5 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Public Accounting Experience a plus
- SAP or ERP experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong sense of commitment to meeting deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced work environment
- Strong in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work with cross functional departments
- Occasional travel required
- Experience supporting internal/external audits a plus
- Knowledge of US Government Defense contracting rules/regulations, is preferred.
Office environment, duties performed indoors, moderate to quiet noise and comfortable temperatures. Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental condition levels.
Occasionally positions self to move an office item >10 lbs.
Frequently move about the production floor and office area to attend meetings or trainings
Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
Frequently operates a computer, enters data into systems, verifies information, etc...
- As a Department of Defense Contractor we are required to hire US Persons.
- Visa sponsorship is not being offered.
Top notch benefits program including generous 401(k) match, paid time off, personal days and strong commitment to work/life balance.
How to Apply:
We follow OFCCP guidelines for accepting applications.
Apply at www.albint.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify