Sr. Manager, Strategic Accounts
Albany Engineered Composites | Rochester, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
This position could be located anywhere in the US, either in one of our locations or remotely from home. Our preference is that this individual be located in the Central, Eastern time or Moutain Time zone.
Albany International Corporation seeks a Sr. Manager, Strategic Accounts to support our growing business in our Engineered Composites segment. This individual, working in alignment with our strategic growth strategy, customer account management team, site Program Managers and GMs, and our AEC Research and Technology team will expertly oversee an assigned set of strategic accounts, both internally and throughout the customer organization, from first contact to end of service contract, to drive outstanding customer relationships, customer satisfaction, and profitable growth.
Albany International Corp. is a global advanced textiles and materials processing company. The products and technologies help make paper smoother, tissue softer, and aircraft engines and structures lighter. The company has 2 core businesses, The Machine Clothing segment -is the world's leading producer of custom-designed fabrics and belts essential to production in the paper, nonwovens, and other process industries and Albany Engineered Composites (AEC) is a rapidly growing supplier of highly engineered composite parts for the aerospace industry.
This role serves as both AEC and our customers' focal for coordinating and driving every aspect of a designated set of strategic customer relationships. This individual will work diligently to establish and grow outstanding relationships throughout their customers' procurement and engineering organizations with the ultimate objective to earn top-tier supplier position, and thus ensuring first and last look for AEC of all new opportunities. We expect this individual to have their "finger on the pulse" of their customers and the market impacts and competitive environment impacting both our strategic customers and us, and to keep management well-informed and aligned with all activities.
Candidates must possess a minimum of fifteen years of progressively challenging aerospace sales and/or engineering experience in advanced engineered products, with demonstrated communications skills and temperament to work collaboratively across functions and between companies to get positive results and drive revenue growth.
- The primary role of this position is to build an outstanding set of professional and productive relationships with each assigned account to improve customer service and satisfaction and position AEC for profitable growth.
- Act as the "voice of the customer" to assure that AEC looks outward, not inward, as it develops new products, services, and Sales & Marketing strategies and processes
- Participate with Program Management, Site GMs, R&T, and your customer account leadership in developing product line and business segment strategies, and apply to your customers.
- Participate in the development of specific sales objectives, strategies, goals, and plans for each assigned customer. Take an active role in the development and execution of each agreed upon customer relationship plan.
- Develop and provide visibility of assigned customer key organizations / personnel including supplier management / procurement, engineering, program management and leadership involved with the selection and use of AEC products.
- Maintain a "white paper" on each assigned account with everything the business needs to know regarding your customers, including but not limited to: Customer overview and key customer initiatives; current contracts and programs AEC is delivering to (including contract end dates); sales history and current forecast; quality and delivery metrics (internal and customer data); current relationship plan; visit schedule and most recent meeting results / actions summary; new business development initiatives.
- Make regular visits and/or telephone calls in accordance with each agreed relationship plan. Complete visit reports (including summaries of conference calls) as required to keep business stakeholders informed.
- Strive to earn a "seat at the customer table" during product definition and decision phases.
- Document all opportunities and assess for compatibility with established growth plan. Make recommendations to the business on opportunities AEC should pursue and drive to success.
- Partner with AEC Engineering, Contracts, Operations, and Estimating / Proposals Management and play an active role in the proposal development and negotiation process.
- Monitor competitor activities and public domain strategies, and report on key developments. Assist in the estimation of market share and penetration.
- Report market news related to assigned customers / market on a weekly basis for roll-up.
- Investigate new accounts that fit the strategic growth strategy and develop those that apply.
- Assist in annual sales planning activities to support the overall business planning process.
- Represent AEC in the best possible and professional way in all forums such as at the customer, during business travel, attending conferences, or participating in trade shows.
Nothing in this document restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Supervisory responsibility: No
Proven ability to solve complex problems and deliver exceptional results within a sophisticated global manufacturing environment where cross-functional / cross-cultural teamwork is essential for success. Willingness to perform "hands-on" work while practicing effective delegation.
Demonstrated understanding of Lean/Six Sigma principles.
Proven to be action oriented, results driven, decisive, and customer focused.
Global perspective of business environment and technology.
Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Demonstrated ability to favorably impact Sales and Marketing performance through the successful implementation of Business Development best practices.
Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional results within a relatively unstructured, tightly-resourced, high-growth organization would be a significant competitive advantage.
Strong working knowledge of the development and qualification/certification process in the aerospace industry as the pathway for new engineered products production opportunities.
Travel more than 50%.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply, we are unable to sponsor at this time.