Senior Vice President - Commercial Lending
Career Management Associates | Salem, NH
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Vice President - Commercial Lending is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the Bank’s commercial lending services and is an active member of the Senior Management team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the revenue and profit growth of commercial lending.
- Provide leadership to the Commercial Lenders through objective goal setting, delegation and communication. Conduct staff meetings and performance appraisals.
- Approve loans up to lending limit and handle the more complex and substantial commercial loans of the Bank.
- Verify customer credit by completing appropriate credit checks, performing financial ratios, analyzing cash flow to assess credit risk. Perform onsite visits, as necessary.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectives of commercial lending and business services and products. Make recommendations to improve or expand these services and products.
- Participate in Board of Directors Loan Committee meetings.
- Contribute to ALM discussions concerning loan rate pricing and general ALM strategies.
- Senior Management team member working on long and short-term Bank planning and strategies.
- Oversee Commercial audits and exams. Respond to audits and exams, as needed.
- Ensure the Commercial Loan Policy is updated in accordance with evolving regulations, legal requirements and industry trends.
- Manage and review Commercial overdrafts, delinquencies, charge-offs, bankruptcies and foreclosures.
- Maintain professional and community relations to increase the Bank’s visibility and new business opportunities.
- Actively participate in representing the Bank on various community service projects. Maintain a leadership role, representing the Bank on a minimum of one board within the community we serve.
- Ensure that commercial lending operations is in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Comply with all Bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Review and comply with the Bank’s BSA and OFAC Program and Procedures. In compliance with BSA Program, report any unusual or suspicious activity to the BSA Officer.
- Complete all assigned training, including BAI online training, in a timely manner.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree; and
- Eight to ten years of experience in account relationship management; or
- Five years of commercial lending experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.