Senior Manager, Customer Proposals AEC
Albany Engineered Composites | Rochester, NH
This position could be located anywhere in the US, either in one of our locations or remotely from home. Our preference is that this individual be located in the Central, Eastern time or Moutain Time zone.
Albany International Corp. seeks a Senior Manager, Customer Proposals for its Engineered Composites Group to design, implement, and lead a robust and fully compliant customer proposal process across all applicable functions to further enhance the Company's growth strategy.
Albany International Corp. is a global advanced textiles and materials processing company. The products and technologies help make paper smoother, tissue softer, and aircraft engines and structures lighter. The company has 2 core businesses, The Machine Clothing segment -is the world's leading producer of custom-designed fabrics and belts essential to production in the paper, nonwovens, and other process industries and Albany Engineered Composites (AEC) is a rapidly growing supplier of highly engineered composite parts for the aerospace industry.
This is a lead role in our new and more aggressive business capture business model that takes advantage of more dedicated and focused global account management designed to earn AEC first and last look at the majority of opportunities we are interested in pursuing. The Senior Manager of Customer Proposals will design, implement, and lead a robust and compliant customer proposal process across all applicable functions that ensures we address all internal and external requirements while delivering a complete and compelling proposal for each desired bid opportunity on-time and 100% correct the first time. This role requires a highly skilled and experience engineered composites professional who can work across AEC in a collaborative and productive way to get proposals properly worked, completed, and signed off. This role will also manage some accounts as designed in accordance with workload and strategy.
1) Develop a comprehensive, CAS-compliant Bid and Proposal Process across all AEC, including tracking and metrics to continually measure bid performance.
2) Manage the initial "triage" of all RFQs to ensure they are properly logged, validated, valuated, and efficiently designated for bid or no-bid in accordance with our defined strategy and with proper visibility and sign-off by the appropriate key decision-makers.
3) Once the decision to bid is made, determine the bid team, run the kick-off meeting, assign responsibilities, and manage the complete bid process from A to Z, including all internal and external requirements, sign-offs, the customer bid calendar, updating the bid dashboard, and coordinating all customer communication with Account Management, Engineering, Program Management, and Contracts.
4) Ensure all bids meet internal and external compliance requirements.
5) Work with Contracts and Program Management to draft the final Bid Letter.
6) Work with Account Management, Engineering, Program Management and Marketing to build the customer bid presentation when desired / applicable, and ensure the presentation is well-prepared and rehearsed and participate in the customer presentation.
7) Establish metrics to provide feedback and continuous improvement opportunities for our bid processes. Put plans in place to achieve desired and required improvements to the process.
8) Establish a comprehensive Bid Dashboard that provides visibility to all applicable stakeholders and decision makers in our cross-functional bid process, as well as feedback on wins, losses, and missed opportunities so that we will be more successful going forward.
9) In coordination with the Director of Business Development & Account Management, establish a robust monthly "opportunities pipeline review and management" process and meetings with mandatory participation by Senior VP Customers and Marketing, all Account Management, Contract Management, Research & Technology, site GM's and Program Management; with invitations to participate to other AEC executive leadership.
10) Manage key account relationships as designated. #LI-1986490_ER1
Bachelor's Degree in a business related field from an accredited college or university; Master's degree or equivalent in Business preferred.
Minimum of ten (10) years applicable experience in a highly engineered products manufacturing company highly desired
10+ years' experience in an aerospace or automotive company preferred
5+ years' experience in a management role
Solid "business sense" and understanding of the manufacturing industry. The ability to quickly assess new markets/space and strategically grasp the market dynamics.
Maintains composure in stressful situations in a highly interactive role; is proactive and detail-oriented to navigate through roadblocks.
Should have supervisory experience including overseeing their work group including but not limited to: formal evaluations/performance management as set out by the organization, recruitment and developing
Commitment to a team-based environment and employee empowerment
Experience developing materials, preparing documentation, and maintaining standards in a capture and proposal development environment.
Experience interfacing with vendors, internal customers, and external customers.
Significant experience producing proposals, developing products, and maintaining technical documentation including but not limited to: contractual documents, non-disclosure agreements, Teaming Agreements, Statements of Work, Subcontracting Agreements, Request for Proposals, Requests for Information, Performance Work Statements, Independent Government Cost Estimates, Technical Evaluations, Task Orders, and Technical Evaluation Criteria
Travel may be necessary up to 50% of the time for customer outreach and other business meetings and events.
Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information to senior leaders and program managers.
A strong work ethic, attention to detail and a compelling desire to succeed in a team environment.