As seen on JobsInME.com
Senior IT Project Manager
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust | Bar Harbor, ME
Senior IT Project Manager - Bar Harbor Bank & Trust's Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Team has an opening for a full time Senior IT Project Manager. This position is responsible for providing expert guidance and supervision of Company projects in support of strategic initiatives.It will assist the SVP, ERM & Project Management with the overall development and implementation of enterprise wide project management practices while maintaining compliance with the Bank’s Project Management Office (PMO) framework, regulatory requirements, generally accepted security principles, operating practices, and corporate policies. This position can be based in Hampden, Ellsworth or Bar Harbor, ME.
- Providing structured project oversight, act as conduit between business lines, Risk Management, and IT personnel on a day-to-day basis to ensure that technologies, systems, and applications are implemented and maintained in a safe and sound manner, meet the expectations of the business line, and further the Bank’s strategic initiatives.
- Build and lead effective teams on multiple initiatives simultaneously, including sponsor, stakeholder, vendor / business partner, and team relationships while prioritizing multiple projects and managing resources.
- Develop and administer project documentation as designed by the PMO throughout each project lifecycle. Communicate project outcomes to applicable Bank Senior Management or committee structure as directed.
- Act as a key Risk Management liaison in the development, design, and implementation of new business applications and technologies that support the Bank’s strategic and operational plans while maintaining effective internal control and sound risk management practices.
- Ensure both network and system/application implementation plans comply with Company policies and procedures, including, but not limited to Project Management, Vendor Management, Information Security, Configuration Management, Entitlements, and SDLC.
- Identify, review and ensure compliance with the laws and regulations which affect assigned functional areas.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with experience in Information Systems, Financial Services industry-centric Project Management or closely related fields with at least 10 years of experience in Information Technology and/or Project Management.
- Prior experience in the Financial Services industry and with the Company’s core banking processing vendor strongly preferred.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must have proven experience with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong independence with a wide degree ofcreativity and latitude; self-motivation.
- Specific areas of technical knowledge to include, but not limited to:
- Strong project scoping and integration skills with direct experience in the design and implementation of major technical projects;
- Strong operational knowledge of key functional areas of a Community Bank;
- In-depth familiarity with complex banking systems;
- In-depth knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) planning; and
- Familiarity with various network solutions, technologies and common Bank operating systems, including, but not limited to all Windows environments, Active Directory, MS Exchange, Security Infrastructure, Network Area Storage, and VMware preferred.
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability and Protected Veteran. These are the requirements for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.