Senior Business Analyst
New Hampshire Retirement System | Concord, NH
SCOPE OF WORK:
The IT Senior Business Analyst will work alongside the IT team and report directly to the Project Manager. Provide leadership to and direct supervision of the imaging team. The main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and oversee user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users and must have excellent critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and recommending and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of pension administration business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Oversee NHRS document imaging systems.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Performing requirements analysis. Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Providing leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to staff.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Oversee user acceptance testing.
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Actively participates on NHRS’ Management Team, including development and implementation of strategic planning initiatives, collaborative problem-solving and various project initiatives.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Other appropriate and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Required a Bachelor’s Degree (MBA preferred)
Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience business analysis or a related field. Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills. Minimum of two years in a supervisory role. Advanced technical and documentation skills.
License/Certification: Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience leading and developing top performing teams.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
RECOMMENDED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND TRAITS:
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- This position requires sitting (80%), standing (5%), and walking (15%).
- Requires lifting materials of approximately 20-25 lbs.
- Often requires computer responsibility which involves extensive use of keyboard, mouse and monitor.
- Dayshift hours primarily, occasional overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Work related assignments on weekends are possible.