Route Sales Driver - CDL A or B (4 Day Work Week) This position is located at Oakhurst Dairy's depot in Hooksett, NH
Oakhurst Dairy | Hooksett, NH
Oakhurst has full-time Class A or B driving opportunities available. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of delivery/driving experience.
Our drivers are our salesmen and interact with our customers on a regular basis to ensure they have the products they need. Candidates must have good interpersonal skills, be well spoken, courteous and able to provide outstanding service to our customers. Best of all, you'll be home every night and have an extra day off to enjoy family time and activities.
Shifts begin early AM (4:00am or after) to beat the traffic and are structured for a 4-day work week. Although delivery work can be a challenging profession, Oakhurst is meeting this challenge with new routing tools, technology and the necessary equipment to help our workforce to work smarter and be more productive.
As an Oakhurst route sales driver, you will join a team of some of the best truck drivers and route salesman in the northeast. Our average driver has over 8 years' experience and a handful have been with us for over 20 years! We are restructuring our delivery operations company-wide with new additions to our management team, fleet and delivery model. Come get behind the wheel of an Oakhurst truck and be part of a strong team of hard-working, safe and skilled sales and CDL operators.
Some of benefits that our employees enjoy include:
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account
* 401K with Employer Contributions
* Paid Life Insurance
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Short & Long Term Disability
* 3 1/2 weeks paid Vacation Time after one year of employment
* Paid Sick Days
* Education Reimbursement
* Employee Assistance Program
* Fitness Membership Reimbursement
Add it all up- from job satisfaction to company stability and benefits...this is a great position and a great place to start a long-term career!
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Prior driver/delivery experience is considered a plus, but not a requirement
- Class A or B Commercial Driver License
- Positive driving record
- Ability to start early AM and adapt to customer needs and required schedules
- Maintain a current DOT medical card
- Develop proficiency with a handheld computer device
- Consistently perform thorough pre/post-trip vehicle inspections
- Operate in accordance with DOT Regulations
Physical Demands include:
- Safe loading and unloading of product using truck lifts, dollies and two-wheeled hand trucks
- Ability to lift 55 pounds
- Tolerate cold/damp environment 35 -- 40 F (Rear of truck and customer's coolers)
- Work and operate a vehicle in all weather conditions
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors frequently throughout a shift: Standing walking, climbing up and down, reaching horizontally, reaching above the shoulder, reaching below the waist, grasping firmly, pushing buttons, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling and pushing.
Our Depot is in Hooksett, NH, just south of Concord