Retail Store Manager II
Goodwill Industries of Northern New England | Seabrook, NH
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Generous paid time off plan
- 30% employee discounts at Goodwill stores in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
- Valuable job training with growth potential.
- Access to internal job lists for advancement opportunities.
- 403b retirementplan
- Flexible scheduling
- Discounts on personal cell phone plans
Manages day to day operations of Goodwill Retail store with gross sales of $1,000,000 to $1,999,999
- ? Interviews/hires new store personnel; trains store personnel in job duties.
- ? Maintains store records including all cash, sales, deposit, expense reports, payroll sheets
- ? Responds to customer complaints, examines returned merchandise, and resolves problems
Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- Responds to customer complaints, examines returned merchandise, and resolves problems in order to promote good public relations
- Participates in retail strategic planning as assigned
- Mentors and trains peers in best practices as assigned
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment with focus on safety and loss prevention
- Enrolls self and staff in Agency standard trainings in a timely manner.
- Develops professionally through enrollment and successful completion of retail/business related classes/trainings
- Analyzes store merchandising needs and ensures adequate levels of inventory through consistent achievement of production goals
- Interviews/hires new store personnel; trains store personnel in job duties; ensures employee compliance with security, sales, and record-keeping procedures and practices, as well as with other Agency policies
- Maintains store records including all cash, sales, deposit, expense reports, payroll sheets and other records required by the Agency or by applicable law
- Prepares reports for management meetings; actively participates in scheduled meetings in order to present relevant issues and concerns
- Supervises and coordinates store personnel; assigns duties and schedules break periods, work hours, and vacations; resolves problems among store personnel and promotes teamwork
- Oversees the operations and maintenance of store premises to ensure adequate security and compliance with safety and environmental codes and ordinances as well as with the Agency’s health and safety standards
- Ensures that store opening and closing procedures are followed; secures all store premises including building where applicable.
- Achieves projected sales and budget goals; manages expenses to ensure positive contribution.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.