Retail Sales Associate III
Goodwill Industries of Northern New England | Portsmouth, NH
Performs all daily tasks in the retail store, as assigned, to ensure high production output, clean safe environment, and a superior shopping experience that falls in line with a highest level of quality customer service. This position will also be assigned additional responsibilities, in rotation, supporting the management team.
- Sorting and pricing merchandise
- Operate power equipment
- Loading material for export
- Donation attendant
Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
Communication: Functions that pertain to various forms of interacting and collaborating with others.
- Proactively communicates with manager and entire support team in order to understand daily tasks and expectations
- Role models exceptional customer service by helping customers to locate merchandise, answering questions, solve problems, etc.
- Receives donations, issues donation receipts and assists donors when applicable
- Works with supervisors to ensure individual production goals are met on a consistent basis
- Mentor, train and encourage all employees’ development
- Represents employee perspective for department on committees and reports out information to employees
Knowledge: Functions that pertain to learning and maintaining levels of information necessary for success.
- Complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as well as Agency policies
- Role models agency mission, vision and values in everyday work
Administration: Functions that pertain to daily activities of running a business
- Sorting merchandise into categories
- Pricing merchandise using best practices and stocking to sales floor plan
- Operate power equipment to organize and store donated product
- Loading material in to gaylords, trucks, and trailers for export
- Processes material at donation site by sorting donations made throughout the day
- Accepts Donations from customers, loading goods in to hampers for sort
- Running a cash register, ensuring accurate tenders and a balanced cash drawer.
- Pre-scanning books for processing
- General housekeeping
- Merchandising inventory according to sales floor plan
- Pulling merchandise from the sales floor as needed.
- Attending to fitting rooms
- Override and open locked drawers
- Inspect and sign off on returned merchandise
- Enter product orders/transfers into POS
- Sorts, tags and packages items for e-commerce in rotation with other Sales Associate III’s
- Inventories and merchandises New Goods in rotation with other Sales Associate III’s
- Acts as Safety Team Leader in rotation with other Sales Associate III’s
- Acts as Sustainability Representative in rotation with other Sales Associate III’s
- Criminal background check that meets Agency standards
- Pass a Post Offer Physical
- Driving check that meets Agency standards