Huggins Hospital | Wolfeboro, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Under the immediate supervision of the Director of Patient Access, is responsible for the assigned duties of the outpatient registration area, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
This is a per diem position.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: General knowledge of coding and medical terminology and demonstrated computer skills preferred. Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to be very detail-oriented.
Performs efficient processing of outpatients and non-patient accounts (after-hours specimens) in a timely, accurate, courteous and confidential manner.
- Obtains consent to treat and assigned benefits signatures appropriately.
- Maintains acceptable volume levels
- Maintains updated accurate knowledge of State and Federal laws as they apply to the patient registration.
- Deciphers narrative signs, symptoms and diagnosis.
- Input ICD10 diagnostic code(s) to the Evident system.
- Contacts referring physician practice when needed for clarity and completeness of order.
- Works with HIM department as needed for clarification and coding training.
- Works with the Laboratory and Medical Imaging departments to ensure all requisitions are accounted for daily.
- Processes information as necessary to financial assistance office.
Maintains working knowledge of and demonstrates accurate and efficient use of the Evident computer system.
- Advises Supervisor or Director of "Out of the Ordinary Conditions" which may require action or intervention.
- Performs effective patient triage as necessary.
- Identifies high risk patient accurately.
- Effectively processes patient for treatment and obtains information at appropriate time.
- Accurately processes physicians not in the Evident computer system.
- Maintains an accurate patient log.
- Processes documents incidental to registration appropriately (e.g. claim forms, Medicare non-covered forms, copies of insurance cards, Consent to Treat, MSP and other required forms for departmental processes).
Provides assistance/backup for the business office as needed for following tasks.
- Secondary billing.
- Follow up for necessary information/action.
- Processing of incoming and outgoing mail in a timely and accurate manner.
Assists Director of Patient Access with special projects and other duties as required.