Huggins Hospital | Wolfeboro, NH
Under the immediate supervision of the Director of Patient Access, is responsible for the assigned duties of the outpatient registration area, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
This is a per diem position.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: General knowledge of coding and medical terminology and demonstrated computer skills preferred. Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to be very detail-oriented.
Performs efficient processing of outpatients and non-patient accounts (after-hours specimens) in a timely, accurate, courteous and confidential manner.
- Obtains consent to treat and assigned benefits signatures appropriately.
- Maintains acceptable volume levels
- Maintains updated accurate knowledge of State and Federal laws as they apply to the patient registration.
- Deciphers narrative signs, symptoms and diagnosis.
- Input ICD10 diagnostic code(s) to the Evident system.
- Contacts referring physician practice when needed for clarity and completeness of order.
- Works with HIM department as needed for clarification and coding training.
- Works with the Laboratory and Medical Imaging departments to ensure all requisitions are accounted for daily.
- Processes information as necessary to financial assistance office.
Maintains working knowledge of and demonstrates accurate and efficient use of the Evident computer system.
- Advises Supervisor or Director of “Out of the Ordinary Conditions” which may require action or intervention.
- Performs effective patient triage as necessary.
- Identifies high risk patient accurately.
- Effectively processes patient for treatment and obtains information at appropriate time.
- Accurately processes physicians not in the Evident computer system.
- Maintains an accurate patient log.
- Processes documents incidental to registration appropriately (e.g. claim forms, Medicare non-covered forms, copies of insurance cards, Consent to Treat, MSP and other required forms for departmental processes).
Provides assistance/backup for the business office as needed for following tasks.
- Secondary billing.
- Follow up for necessary information/action.
- Processing of incoming and outgoing mail in a timely and accurate manner.
Assists Director of Patient Access with special projects and other duties as required.