Registered Nurse (Full Time)
Pheasant Wood Center - Genesis HealthCare | Peterborough, NH
Now hiring 1 RN or LPN for 32 hours per week 3p-11p and/or 8 hours per week 11p-7a . Additional hours may be available to work up to 40 hours. LPNs on the evening shift will earn $22.50 to $26.00 per hour depending on experience. RNs on the evening shift will earn $28.00 to $33.00 per hour depending on experience. A $1.50 weekend differential is available for weekend coverage. Student loan assistance is available for those who qualify. Flexible scheduling to meet work/life balance is also available. New graduates are encouraged and welcomed to apply, Pheasant Wood Center offers a thorough and supportive training environment. Email email@example.com or call (603)924-7267 to learn more.
1. Collects, validates, synthesizes, and records objective and subjective data;
2. Prioritizes data collection based on patient needs;
Analyzes all data;
1. Identifies actual or potential problems or needs based on data analysis;
1. Establishes realistic and measurable short and long term goals for the identified health problems and needs;
2. Develops individualized interventions to achieve goals;
3. Conducts a systematic and ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes;
4. Reviews and revises service plan as indicated;
1. Performs nursing functions and provides care within scope of practice;
2. Coordinates and delegates care as appropriate;
3. Verifies that medical orders are accurately transcribed;
4. Administers medications and performs treatments per physician orders;
5. Communicates and documents interventions and patient response;
Managing patient care:
1. Delegates care responsibilities to staff considering:
2. Complexity of care;
3. Competency of staff;
4. Center policies;
5. State's practice act;
6. Supervises staff to ensure that delegated tasks and interventions are implemented appropriately and per policy;
7. Evaluates and adjusts the plan of care to achieve patient goals and minimize re-hospitalizations;
8. Actively participates in Utilization Management or Interdisciplinary Care Management Meeting to facilitate appropriate discharge planning;
8.1 Communicates team's recommendations for discharge to the attending physician, resident and family;
8.2 Prepares resident/family for discharge including patient and family education;
9. Communicates patient information with assigned staff during and between shifts;
10. Participates in shift-to-shift communication between incoming and outgoing nursing staff;
11. Uses Point Click Care (PCC) according to the Business Processes;
12. Performs drug count when beginning and ending shift and whenever necessary, provides oversight of unlicensed staff.
13. Collaborates and coordinates with other departments to provide timely effective care consistent with the individual's needs, choices and preferences;
14. Contributes to an environment that is respectful, team-oriented, and responsive to the concerns of the staff, residents and families;
15. Enhances nursing practice by attending all mandated in-service programs and other GHC and outside professional education programs;
16. Assists with the orientation of newly hired nursing staff
17. Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and living environment;
18. Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive Protected Health Information (PHI) at all times;
19. Stays and works beyond scheduled shift if needed to meet state staffing requirements and/or needs of patients;
20. Performs other duties as requested.
1. Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance Process, Standard/Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
2. Participates in required orientation and training programs.
3. Promptly reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to supervisor, Compliance Liaison or to the Compliance Officer via the Integrity Hotline.
4. Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
5. Participates, as requested, in quality assurance and process improvement activities.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 268610
Center Name: Pheasant Wood Center