Registered Nurse: Operating Room
Huggins Hospital | Wolfeboro, NH
2. Protects patient from injury caused by chemical, electrical, positioning, heat and/or extraneous objects
3. Performs count procedure to protect patient from unintended retained foreign objects
4. Performs "time out" procedure for every patient to ensure correct side, site and level prior to procedure
5. Manages patient specimen according to hospital policy
6. Administers medications appropriately
7. Performs interventions to maintain body systems, fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances, wound and tissue perfusion at or above baseline
8. Performs interventions to ensure patient is at or returned to normothermia at the conclusion of procedure
9. Protects the patient from infection using handwashing and aseptic technique
10. Transfers care using hospital approved handoff
11. Documents nursing care consistently, timely, and without omissions
12. Delegates tasks as appropriate according to the state Nurse Practice Act and job descriptions
13. Identifies and acts appropriately to an OR emergency situation.
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Coordinator and Director of Surgical Services, is responsible for the delivery of safe, effective and quality patient/family centered care in Surgical Services.