Registered Nurse: Acute Care
Huggins Hospital | Wolfeboro, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingUnder the general supervision of the Director of Acute Care Services, is responsible for safe, effective and quality patient and family centered care in the Acute Care Medical Surgical setting.
- Plans, evaluates, directs and renders care and re-evaluate clinical outcomes according to established standards of care.
- Incorporates evidence based best practice into everyday clinical activities
- Manages patient specimens according to hospital policy
- Performs medication reconciliation and administers medications safely and appropriately using the 5 rights of medication administration.
- Recognizes and performs nursing interventions to maintain the body's homeostasis (acid-base balance, fluids and electrolyte balance, wound and tissue perfusion)
- In accordance with standing medical protocols and standing orders; enters orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition, communicates same to the treating provider.
- Modify patient's treatment plans as indicated by patient's condition
- Maintains accurate, detailed clinical nursing documentation, reports and records
- Within the scope of nursing practice, delegates and provides oversight of nursing care activities of ancillary nursing/healthcare team members such as LNAs.
- Promotes a safe patient care environment safe from hazards.
- Consistently utilizes clear, concise, professional communication in all interactions (SBAR). This will include interactions with patients and their families, between disciplines, inter-departmentally and with outside agencies.
- Promotes a safe patient care and work environment free of potential safety hazards.
- Ensures safe transportation of patients within the facility utilizing safe lifting and transport adjunct equipment and good body mechanics to protect patient, self, co-workers
- Demonstrates safe, competent use of patient care equipment, beds, stretchers, lifts, safety and alarm devices, walkers, monitors, wound vacs, drains, oxygen therapy and other equipment approved for patient care.
- Demonstrates flexibility in practice and collaborates to cross train in other departments