Registered Nurse: Acute Care
Huggins Hospital | Wolfeboro, NH
- Plans, evaluates, directs and renders care and re-evaluate clinical outcomes according to established standards of care.
- Incorporates evidence based best practice into everyday clinical activities
- Manages patient specimens according to hospital policy
- Performs medication reconciliation and administers medications safely and appropriately using the 5 rights of medication administration.
- Recognizes and performs nursing interventions to maintain the body's homeostasis (acid-base balance, fluids and electrolyte balance, wound and tissue perfusion)
- In accordance with standing medical protocols and standing orders; enters orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition, communicates same to the treating provider.
- Modify patient's treatment plans as indicated by patient's condition
- Maintains accurate, detailed clinical nursing documentation, reports and records
- Within the scope of nursing practice, delegates and provides oversight of nursing care activities of ancillary nursing/healthcare team members such as LNAs.
- Promotes a safe patient care environment safe from hazards.
- Consistently utilizes clear, concise, professional communication in all interactions (SBAR). This will include interactions with patients and their families, between disciplines, inter-departmentally and with outside agencies.
- Promotes a safe patient care and work environment free of potential safety hazards.
- Ensures safe transportation of patients within the facility utilizing safe lifting and transport adjunct equipment and good body mechanics to protect patient, self, co-workers
- Demonstrates safe, competent use of patient care equipment, beds, stretchers, lifts, safety and alarm devices, walkers, monitors, wound vacs, drains, oxygen therapy and other equipment approved for patient care.
- Demonstrates flexibility in practice and collaborates to cross train in other departments