Safran Aerospace Composites, Inc. | Rochester, NH
Under general supervision, the Receiving Associate is responsible for assisting the Inventory Control Specialist, Material Handler, and Logistics Coordinator, processing a variety of shipping, receiving, and inventory-related tasks. The Receiving Associate must be able to work with the goal of keeping the warehouse and production flow organized as well as backing up and assisting the other warehouse positions (noted above) as necessary. This position reports to the Warehouse Manager and works closely with the production department.
> Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Receives, opens and inspects materials from various modes of external transportation and ensures quality and quantity of the shipment based on the purchase orders. Verifies receipt of appropriate MSDS sheets when applicable.
- *Efficiently and accurately processes, packages, and ship orders, and documents product flow in the Company's ERP system (currently Syteline).
- *Receives, unloads, and places incoming inventory items appropriately, with focus on discrepancies and/or damage.
- *Safely and efficiently loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand and properly uses equipment such as a hand truck, electric dolly, wheelbarrow, or other device for material movement.
- *Routes checked incoming materials, supplies, or equipment to the stockroom, appropriate department, or other areas.
- Compare identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records and reports shortages and discrepancies and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- May perform other shipping or receiving activities as needed.
- Overtime may be required, based on business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- *This individual also has responsibility for the safe handling and movement of hazardous materials, including waste, at SAC. More details on this role can be found in the Hazardous Waste Training Plan located in the HSE office.
> Job Specifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- No less than two years of relatable experience strongly preferred, especially in a manufacturing setting
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal instructions and ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations in order to perform duties described above
- Ability to meet deadlines and to concentrate and pay attention to detail
- Able to complete work with general guidance on work priority
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with coworkers
- Work requires basic understanding of organization and department policies and practices in order to complete tasks accurately and efficiently
- Basic understanding of ERP systems
- Basic computer skills required, including MicroSoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Work requires: walking or standing over 50% of the time
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, approximately 20% of a standard work day
> Working Conditions
- The work is performed in a plant environment. Employee will be exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Eye protection must be worn in manufacturing areas, approximately 90% of a standard work day. OSHA and ASTM approved footwear must be worn 90% of a standard work day.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected characteristics under applicable state or federal laws.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Aerospace Composites must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.