RETAIL STORE CLERK I
NH Liquor Commission | Newport, NH
- Provides exceptional customer service by building a loyal customer base. Strives for excellence when assisting customers in order to enhance customer relations as well as the NH Liquor Commissions and the State of New Hampshire’s reputation.
- Operates a computerized cash register to enter sales transactions.
- Assists customers by answering questions, recommending, and selling liquor products, sweepstakes and lottery tickets.
- Receives payment and make change; wraps or bags merchandise for customers.
- Ensures sales follow the current laws and commission policies regulating the sale of liquor including the prohibited sales policies.
- Verifies credit card transactions to ensure card holder validity.
- Assist with unloading trucks, arranges and stocks shelves, and maintains product merchandising displays with liquor products.
- Maintains a neat and clean store appearance.
- In the absence of the Retail Store Manager or Retail Store Clerk II will occasionally perform back-up functions to include opening and closing liquor Stores.
- Assists in the counting of physical inventory.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education: Completion of two years of high school or equivalent. Each additional year of approved formal education may be substituted for one year of required work experience.
Experience: Six months' experience in positions involving public contact necessitating change making. Additional years of related work experience may not be substituted for the formal education required by this class specification.
1) Frequent physical effort required in continuous lifting of material up to 25 pounds with frequent lifting of cases of liquor weighing up to 60 pounds.
2) Must have attained 18th birthday on or before date of application.
The supplemental job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job and responsibility to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
Please submit a state applcation to be considered