Early Learning Center Director
YMCA of Strafford County | 03867-, NH
Early Learning Center Director
The Strafford County branch of the Granite YMCA is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated Early Learning Center Director to manage 5 classrooms serving infants, toddlers, preschoolers and pre-kindergarten aged children.
The Early Learning Center Director will uphold the YMCA mission, vision and core values while providing a welcoming environment and excellent learning opportunities for all children in the program.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate ELC teaching staff and volunteers; ensuring high-quality care, communication and programming/services.
- Assure ELC meets necessary standards to maintain Licensed Plus status by the state of NH in good standing at all times and assure that program offerings operate within YMCA of The USA guidelines.
- Accountable for overseeing the safety and care of all program participants
- Develop and foster strong relationships with children and their families, creating a welcoming and caring atmosphere.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing leading-edge curriculum for the center, with age- appropriate developmental activities and academics that result in a strong, high-quality program.
- Directly responsible for implementing new and innovative programs that meet the mission and strategic plan of the branch and association.
- Maintain timely and accurate records, including but not limited to; attendance, financial aid, accident reports, CACFP, staff and participant records as required by the state.
- Responsible for all Camp Docs (child files) being up to date and attained prior to the registration of any participant.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring all department budgets and ensuring that they meet all expectations and guidelines.
- With support from the Finance Office and the Branch Child Care Registrar, the ELC Director will be responsible for managing accounts receivable related to the department.
- Work with supervisor, with support from Marketing Department, on developing and implementing an annual marketing plan for the ELC and serve as a positive sales person for the program, promoting the ELC to area business, organizations and parents
throughout the year.
- Assure that appropriate training and growth opportunities are made available for all direct reports in accordance with personnel policy and state licensing.
- Maintain a clean and orderly center at all times
- Conduct staff meetings on a regular basis and assure effective communication with all Y staff.
- Participate as an active member of the branch leadership team in supporting branch goals, events and projects.
- Assist the annual reach out for youth and families campaign and any development projects, supporting the Y mission though staff team support, volunteer development and fund raising.
- Serve as an active participant on the Granite Y Child Care Quality Circle and other association wide committees as assigned.
- Achieve and maintain current certifications in CPR, First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention, Listen First within the first six (6) months of employment.
- Attend trainings, meetings and special functions as assigned, including annual in-service day.
- Actively participate in local community groups supporting early childhood education in Strafford County.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
Applicant must meet all NH state licensing requirements for a center based program: 3– 5 years supervisory experience in a management position. Have documentation of successful completion of at least 3 credits in child care administration or early childhood leadership and supervision awarded by a regionally accredited college or university; Have a minimum of 1500 hours experience working with children in a licensed child care program or public or private elementary school; and meet one of the following pre-service training/education options:
- A bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, awarded by a regionally accredited college or university;
- An additional 3000 hours of experience working with children in a licensed child care program or in a public or private elementary school and documentation of a non-expired child development associates (CDA) in center based programs awarded by the council for professional recognition;
- Children with special needs;
- Child growth and development; and
Curriculum for early childhood education; or written documentation from or on file with the department that she or he was qualified for the position of center director on or before the effective date of these rules.
This is a full time, exempt position with a full benefit package.
Salary range: $38,000 - $45,000
Only qualified applicants will be considered.