Director of Operations
Nathan Wechsler & Company, P.A. | Concord, NH
Nathan Wechsler & Company, a well-respected and trusted regional accounting firm in New Hampshire, seeks a Director of Operations to lead the firm’s internal functions. The right candidate will be:
- A strong and confident communicator
- A good collaborator with a passion for partnering with the firm’s leadership to help the firm grow
- A professional who lives the firm’s core values of teamwork, openness, respect, excellence, a positive attitude, community, honesty, and integrity
This role will report to the firm’s management team, with oversight from the Managing Director.
The Director of Operations will be responsible for the following:
- Strategic Planning: To support the firm’s growth, create reporting tools to monitor progress against key performance metrics for the firm’s strategic plan.
- Acquisitions: Collaborate with the firm leadership to negotiate potential acquisitions; lead the smooth integration of acquired firms.
- Network Coordination: Take responsibility for reporting to and coordinating with the BDO Alliance USA (a nationwide association of independently-owned regional accounting, consulting, and service firms); network with member firms; and optimize Nathan Wechsler’s membership.
- Principal Meetings Facilitation: With the Managing Director, schedule, plan, and facilitate periodic Principal meetings to engage leadership in the firm’s continued success.
- Process Improvement: Identify, design, and implement plans to make internal processes more efficient and effective; demonstrate the willingness to challenge the status quo.
Real Estate & Facilities
- Real Estate: Oversee the firm’s three offices, including negotiating leases, managing space planning, and identifying opportunities to better control real estate and equipment costs.
- Coordination Across Offices: Ensure consistent and efficient processes are utilized across offices.
- Facilities Management: Work with local administrative professionals to ensure all offices are well-maintained, professional, and secure.
- Performance Management: Enhance employee and principal evaluation and goal-setting programs by coordinating periodic performance review processes, further developing a mentoring culture, encouraging accountability for providing meaningful and timely feedback, and seeking and implementing ways to make performance management more efficient and impactful.
- Benefits Administration: With the firm’s benefits providers, lead benefits design to ensure the firm offers a competitive and cost-effective package; oversee the administration of benefit plans; lead the firm’s 401(k) committee.
- Recruiting: Coordinate staff hiring, on-boarding, and enrollment; work with firm management to forecast hiring needs and to strategize recruiting approaches.
- Staffing: Oversee client project staffing.
- Policies: With outside legal counsel, ensure that the Employee Handbook is a complete and current resource and reference and that employees are made aware of changes and updates on an annual basis.
- Training: Coordinate periodic staff training and ensure employee CPE is recorded and reported accurately.
- IT Oversight & Coordination: Manage the firm’s relationship with its outsourced IT provider; seek cost efficiencies while maintaining the highest standards of data security and privacy.
- With the firm’s external marketing partner, oversee the firm’s marketing activities, such as sponsorships, advertising, public relations, social media, webinars, events, market research, and web site redesign.
- Invoicing: Manage firm client billing and collections, with a focus on enabling timely invoicing.
- Budgeting: With firm leadership, develop and monitor annual budgets and periodically report progress to the Principal group.
- Time & Expense: Oversee time and expense reporting.
- Vendor Management: Negotiate and manage relationships with suppliers, banks, etc. to ensure firm resources are used efficiently.
- Financial Oversight: Oversee firm financial processes, such as AP, AR, Financial Reporting, Asset Management, and Fraud Prevention.
- Payroll: With the firm’s outsourced provider, manage employee payroll and reimbursement.
- Risk Management: Manage relationships with insurers; address potential claim situations timely.
- External Surveys: Track firm financial metrics and respond to annual external surveys.
- Team Leadership: Provide oversight for the firm’s team of eight administrative professionals across firm offices; champion collaboration, communication, and teamwork within the team and across the firm; ensure the firm’s administrative functions are appropriately staffed.
Education, Experience, & Other Criteria
- 10+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is a plus
- Willingness to occasionally make day trips between the firm’s three New Hampshire offices
- Customer service attitude
- Project management experience
- Professional services and accounting background are a plus
- Fluent in the Microsoft Office suite
- Please visit our Benefits page to learn more about how we express our gratitude to our employees and ensure they are able to maintain a work-life balance that reflects individual needs.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Nathan Wechsler & Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire and promote for all job classifications based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Nathan Wechsler & Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nathan Wechsler & Company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the firm. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.