Mainstay Technologies | Manchester, NH
Mainstay Technologies: Desktop Technician (one of NH’s 2018 Best Companies to Work For)
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Mainstay is looking for the rare professional who loves technology, is passionate about helping people, has troubleshooting skills, enjoys a varied and stimulating job, has solid Windows and desktop experience, works well in a team, and is committed to growth. The Desktop Technician works in a team to deploy new workstations, provide onsite service at clients, troubleshoot initial issues, and provide top-quality service both in the office and onsite at clients.
This role is a growth-oriented role. You must have experience (and ideally, education) already, but once in this role, certifications are paid for, training is provided, significant experience is gained, and a growth track is provided.
Mainstay Technologies provides ongoing IT services & Information Security services to organizations throughout New Hampshire and Massachusetts. We care deeply about our clients and about our company – our culture is one of our strongest assets. We believe in a business model that balances all stakeholders and seeks to provide ever-increasing value to our clients, our team members, our owners, our community, our vendors, and our environment. Our mission is to always give more than we get, by creating value and positively impacting lives at every turn.
We are in an exciting industry, with significant opportunities ahead of us, we love what we do, and we are growing. We have won numerous awards, including 3 in the last year: Best of Business, the Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics, and Best Companies to Work For.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
* Installing new Windows computers at client sites
* Transferring data, setting up applications, and making it a seamless transition for the client, with as close to 100% accuracy as possible
* Answering client questions, assisting them with their technology.
* Resolving issues quickly and efficiently, and helping our clients get back to their work, with technology that works effectively. Dealing with Level 1 issues and troubleshooting, supported by the team
* Working in an advanced ticketing system and RMM (ConnectWise).
QUALITIES YOU SHOULD HAVE
* Strong interpersonal skills: enjoy relating with staff & clients.
* Solid problem-solving skills: be able to take a challenge and break it down.
* Committed professionalism: showing up on time, working hard, and no office politics!
(We have each other's backs and are committed to helping one another succeed)
* Deal maturely with the pressures of the job and take ownership over your own work.
(We do not micromanage - instead setting goals and providing resources and support)
* Enjoy working as a team.
* Commitment to career and personal growth, willing to put in the time for extra training.
* Ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment.
* Multi-task with exceptionally high consistency and attention to detail.
* Excellent technical aptitude, with an ability to learn quickly.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
* Significant experience troubleshooting or working with Windows computers.
* Understanding of basic network protocols. Experience supporting a network a plus.
* Formal education preferred – associates, bachelors, and/or industry certifications.
We have offices in Belmont and Manchester, NH. This position can work out of either office primarily, with reimbursed travel within approximately 1 hour of the office.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This is a full time, salaried position in the range of $34,000 – 38,000. It includes a full benefits package, including 75% of medical costs covered for the entire family. Benefits also include: training program (including paid certifications), 401(k) with 3% match, charitable program, laptop, smartphone, and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
APPLYING FOR THE JOB
Please email your resume to resumes [at] mstech [dot] com. Resumes can be sent to the attention of Mainstay's Recruiting Coordinator, Stacey Zalenski. Please include the position in the subject of the email.
More information about Mainstay Technologies is available at Mainstay Technologies