Quality Engineering Technician
Albany Engineered Composites | Rochester, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Quality Engineering Technician - GE9X
Who we are:
Albany Engineered Composites, Inc. (AEC) designs, develops, and manufactures advanced composite components. Our core strength is our ability to produce highly tailored, complex composite parts, with a focus on AEC's unique 3D reinforced composite technology. Our products often enable our customers to use lightweight, high-performance composites in applications where they previously have been unable to because of complex performance or geometry needs. For example, we help customers in aerospace and transportation replace heavier metallic components with highly durable, lightweight composite components to reduce weight and improve fuel efficiency. AEC manufactured composite fan blades and cases are used exclusively in CFM LEAP engines which power the Boeing 737-MAX and Airbus A320neo aircraft. There are also over 200 AEC manufactured parts across all variants of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. Please visit www.albint.com/aec to learn more about AEC products and technologies. AEC is a subsidiary of Albany International Corp. (NYSE:AIN) and shares its mission to deliver differentiating products and service with the highest quality and reliability. AEC is headquartered in Rochester, New Hampshire, home to AEC's Research & Technology Center as well as LEAP and other production facilities. The company has additional global fabrication and assembly facilities in New Hampshire, Texas, Utah, France, and a new manufacturing plant that is currently under construction in Mexico.
To assist and support the quality department in all areas related to quality.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following values: Safety, Fact Based, Accountable, Respectful, Persistence and Ethical. Put Safety first at all times, never compromise on safety for the obtainment of other objectives. Responsible for health and safety of themselves and coworkers.
- New Product Development:
- Implement, and then train operators on standard test methods; assist with the deployment of customer methods, e.g., air gage, customer supplied, etc.
- Measure and document test parts for process and test method validation
- Train production operators on product release requirements
- Deploy functional gaging, training operators on use; blueprint / drawing and sampling requirements
- Manufacturing Support:
- Train associates on first piece inspection and assist in obtaining certification
- Use, and train operators on, several gauging methods in the facility
- Conduct training on GD&T, blueprint reading and dimensioning methods
- Aid associates in Operations, and other personnel, in becoming certified
- Final Product Release
- Document any discrepancies in accordance with standard procedures for control of non-conforming material, and assure that parts are quarantined to prevent shipment
- Review and approve documentation, e.g., certifications, first article data, process capabilities
- Verify that customer purchase order requirements (provided in traveler packet) have been met
- Review production documentation prior to production release
- Continuous Improvement
- Implement methods and systems to provide quality indicators for the organization
- Investigating and prevent customer complaints
- Work with customers and suppliers to determine root causes and then help implement corrective and preventive actions for non-conformances
- Implement and support Lean Manufacturing initiatives leading to continuous improvements in Quality, cost, and delivery.
- Nothing in this document restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Team Leadership
- Coordinate with other functions to support projects and ensure that priorities are met and issues identified
- Coach, mentor and lead less senior quality team members
- Provides day-to-day work assignments / direction for the other QA team members, under the guidance, if required, of a Quality Engineer or QA Manager
- Observe, support, & contribute to Company safety programs, policies & initiatives.
- Responsible for SAP, APN and other data entry transactions supporting Quality records and reports.
Supervisory responsibility: No
Supervisors are responsible for overseeing their work group including but not limited to: formal evaluations/performance management as set out by the organization, recruitment and developing
- Knowledge of all inspection methods, techniques, and related equipment.
- Highly organized with good attention to detail, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Good math skills, mechanical aptitude, and ability to interpret drawings.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, MS Excel required.
- 20/20 vision either corrected or without correction.
- Familiar with SPC, Lean Manufacturing practices and Six Sigma techniques.
- Able to understand customer and industry specifications and work instructions and correctly apply to product and process characteristics.
- Resourceful and proven hands-on problem solving abilities while working in a high demand environment
- High School or GED Equivalent Required
- 3 years equivalent experience in regulated field
- Experience with MS-Word, Excel, Access and Power Point for word processing and documentation support
- Must be able to complete multiple prioritized tasks with minimal direct supervision while maintaining focus on preventative activities.
- SAP/MRP system experience considered a plus.
Indoor production environment, adequate lighting and comfortable temperatures. Occasional exposure to moderate noise and machinery with mechanical moving parts. Ability to work 24/7 schedule and be available as business situations required, overtime dependent on business need.
Occasionally positions self to move an office item >10 lbs.
Frequently move about the production floor and office area to attend meetings or trainings
Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
Frequently operates a computer, enters data into systems, verifies information, etc...
Position is located in our Rochester, New Hampshire headquarters offices. Top notch benefits program including generous 401(k) match, vacation time, sick time, personal days, flexible schedule and strong commitment to work/life balance. We are proud to provide non-smoking buildings and grounds at all of our facilities
How to Apply:
Individuals interested in employment must complete our on-line application, please use the link provided to apply directly to this position:
QualityTechnician 2nd Shift= https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1111341&d=External&r=5000222596206
It is the policy of AEC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, AEC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.