Albany Engineered Composites | Rochester, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
The Purchasing Manager leads Local, and Regional Buyers and is the AEC interface to ensure cooperation with the Global Supply Chain Group, supporting the growth of the business objectives.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following values: Safety, Accountability, Integrity, Respect, Passion, and Innovation. Put Safety first at all times, never compromise on safety for the obtainment of other objectives. Responsible for health and safety of themselves and coworkers. Drives the strategic imperatives of AEC with the procurement teams.
- Negotiate supply agreements/contracts and drives cost savings programs for both plans and execution. Savings are to be tracked on a weekly basis.
- Develops and directs purchasing strategies for the various commodities.
- Directs price and cost analysis for commercial and government contracts.
- Ensures buyer training on all commercial and government procurement procedures in support of a successful CPSA audit and meets the customer requirements.
- Manages supplier performance and strategic supplier relationships for AEC accounts.
- * Define, establish and lead a purchasing team that supports the government programs for the objectives of quality, cost, and schedule for the Boerne, TX organization.
* Solve complex problems important to the success of the organization and able to draw on experience to successfully negotiate lowest/best price.
* Manages supplier performance and risk mitigation activities which support the AEC operations. This includes conducting quarterly business reviews, supplier scorecards, and supplier risk assessments.
* Manage the variance process for payment terms and overdue processes.
* Track the development of new technologies with the R+T group.
* Drive sourcing strategy for the LEAP plants for best value and service.
* Marketplace benchmarking for best practices and pricing.
* Improve efficiencies of the procurement team via supplier agreements, VMI programs, vending, programs, utilization of blanket/framework orders etc.
* General business skills -- including the ability to understand client requirements from a strategic perspective and to translate those requirements into a supplier base that meets all client expectations and future needs.
* Works effectively with both Albany International and supplier personnel, at all levels, including senior management.
* Leadership, interpersonal skills and teamwork.
* Commodity/item knowledge, in terms of Albany International application and the external marketplace.
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written to provide effective and timely communications with/to all levels of Albany International and supplier personnel.
* Sensitivity to different cultures
* Savings, quality, lead time, and inventory management.
* Reports savings achievements through monthly statistics, and quarterly summary, as appropriate.
* Nothing in this document restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Supervisory responsibility: Yes
Supervisors are responsible for overseeing their work group including but not limited to: formal evaluations/performance management as set out by the organization, recruitment and developing the buyers in performance of their duties.
- Minimum Degree: Bachelors of Science/Bachelors of Arts; MBA preferred
- Major Field: Various, depending on commodity requirements (i.e.; direct materials of fiber, prepreg's, resins etc.)
- Minimum 6-10 years' experience in related purchasing, supply chain environments or related disciplines: programs management, operations, finance) Aerospace experience preferred.
- Experience with government procurement/FAR/DFARs is a definite plus.
- ERP systems experience, such as SAP (preferred).
- Ability to work in a self-managed team environment.
- PMA or APICS certifications are considered a plus.
- Follow all publicized safety policies/procedures applicable to the job
- Use appropriate PPE that has been identified on the Hazard Analysis for the department/role
- Attend and participate in all safety training, safety meetings, audits and Behavior Based Safety programs assigned
- Report all safety hazards observed. If capable, correct the safety hazard identified
Office environment, duties performed indoors, moderate to quiet noise and comfortable temperatures. Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental condition levels. Ability to work 24/7 schedule and be available as business situations require. Some may be able to do part of their work remotely. Travel may is required 10-25%