Seasonal Property Specialist $14.00 - $17.00 / hour
Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains | Portsmouth, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingPOSITION SUMMARY:
Under the general direction of the Director of Property and Facilities, the Property Specialist provides general maintenance and custodial services at all sites in accordance with the Council’s policies and standards, with emphasis on Camp Seawood Girl Scout Camp in Portsmouth, NH. The Property Specialist must be able to assess, repair, or locate contractors to repair all systems (electrical, septic, plumbing, HVAC), equipment, buildings, roads and grounds, and must be able to work independently while functioning as a member of the property planning team. The Property Specialist must be flexible in locations and hours of work. The Property Specialist must possess good organizational, record keeping and supervisory skills, and has responsibility for the overall safety and security of the properties. The Property Specialist must deal with emergencies as they arise on our properties including after hours phone calls and site visits.
- Develop and implement long and short range maintenance and development plans and assist in integrating them with the overall council mission.
- Coordinate work and meet deadlines.
- Interpret blueprints and plans from engineers and contractors.
- Hire, train, supervise and release site managers.
- Recommend contractors.
- Work as part of a team and communicate clearly, orally and in writing.
- Manage financial resources effectively.
- Meet often with people, on different sites throughout the Council jurisdiction.
- Think critically and calmly in emergency situations and act appropriately.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds.
- Ability to perform minor repairs on systems (plumbing, electric, septic, heating), equipment, buildings, road or grounds or select appropriate contractors.
- Follow GSUSA and Council policies and guidelines to ensure compliance with relevant Federal, state and local laws, regulations, and codes.
- Provide support for the Council product sales.
- Provide support for Council fund development activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- Three years experience in construction trades or camp maintenance management.
- Demonstrable planning, problem solving, written and oral communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license necessary to carry out assignments.
- Available for evening and weekend work.
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
- Ability to think critically, calmly and problem solve in emergency situations.
- Ability to obtain, interpret and use surveys, plans and statistical data.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. and do routine maintenance work.
- Able to walk one mile on uneven terrain.
- Ability to climb ladders and work aloft
- Ability to drive council vehicle in all weather conditions, with and without a plow
- Ability to work cooperatively in furtherance of stated goals
- Ability to supervise a diverse group of people.
- Able to manage financial resources effectively.