Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer – Transportation Planning (South Portland, ME Office)
Gorrill Palmer | Manchester, NH
Do you want to work in an area known for its food, music, night life, culture, and outdoor adventures? If so, come join us at Gorrill Palmer. We are seeking a talented and career minded individual to work in the fast paced Transportation Planning Group at our corporate office located in South Portland, Maine as a Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer. Candidates will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects in the New England area.
Applicant must be knowledgeable in the principles and practices of transportation planning and engineering. The primary focus of the knowledge shall be with the latest designs and technology of traffic impact and access studies, traffic signal operations and intersection design using cutting edge technology such as Adaptive Traffic Controllers, computer modeling using the latest version of software such as Synchro / SimTraffic Version 10, parking and corridor studies using modern techniques such as shared parking, and traffic control plans to support our construction groups.
As an essential member of the Transportation Planning Group, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing projects, budgets, and design engineers. Leading the design and development of signal plans, specifications and estimates as well as managing and directing staff on assignments, working with clients, attending meetings and performing marketing efforts related to their Team, our Group and the Firm. Work will also include coordinating transportation planning with municipal, traffic, bridge, multimodal, site and construction related assignments with other professionals throughout the company.
The following are required:
• Strong leadership and project management skills
• Knowledge and experience with transportation planning and engineering
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Transportation Planning / Engineering
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in project management
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Licensed Professional Engineer
• Experience with MaineDOT preferred
• Experience with New England/Mid-Atlantic DOT’s desirable
• Professional Traffic Operations Engineer preferred
• IMSA training preferred
Gorrill Palmer 707 Sable Oaks Drive, Suite 30 South Portland, Maine 04106
Gorrill Palmer is an Equal Opportunity Employer