Program Manager, GE9X
Albany Engineered Composites | Rochester, NH
This position will plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of designated programs to ensure that goals and objectives of the program are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and budget parameters. The individual will lead the initiation, planning, executing, and closing of cross-functional and multi-site projects. This includes the introduction of new products (e.g. process, equipment, tools) into production facilities, process development, equipment upgrades and modification, and qualification. The individual will create/review program proposals or plans to determine scope, time frame, milestones, funding, and staffing requirements for accomplishing the objectives of a program or projects. This position requires a highly motivated, self-starter who is able to assimilate new information quickly within a fast-paced production ramp up environment.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following values: Safety, Fact Based, Accountable, Respectful, Persistence and Ethical. Put Safety first at all times, never compromise on safety for the obtainment of other objectives. Responsible for health and safety of themselves and coworkers.
- Serve as primary customer contact for program activities
- Direct and coordinate activities of allocated resources to ensure program/project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget and established key performance indicators (KPI's); monitor status of deliverables.
- Maintain ultimate cost, schedule, and technical performance responsibility for assigned program/projects.
- Generate scope, schedule or budget change orders as required during the execution of the program and understand the impact of said change order on the overall program.
- Coordinate inputs from key internal stakeholders and external customers. Secure support from other functional areas as required
- Facilitate decision making within the project team to drive progress to completion during execution to the requirements (both internal and customer's) and ensure program delivers on time and within budget
- Develop, manage, implement cost reduction or performance/productivity improvement plans as appropriate
- Be accountable for meeting defined business targets (i.e. burndown plan, ramp/rate readiness)
- Owns top-level WBS, and all sub-elements; owns program budget (NRT & NRT) and is responsible for the tracking of actuals vs. budget for all projects, up to WBS top level
- Align projects with overall program benefits
- Cascade and align project across multiple manufacturing sites
- Set-up and lead program-level gate reviews
- Identify and mitigate potential project risks with the team and develop mitigation strategies in the project.
- Support contractual review & interpretation -- LTSA, ITA, GSA, etc.
- Prepare periodic program reports and communicate program status, including elevation of issues and risks as needed, to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and submit project close-out documents to customer, and as necessary, resolve customer acceptance issues
- Ensure compliance with project management standards
- Perform other duties as assigned, inclusive of acting in the capacity of a project manager/leader.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. preferred) from four-year college or university and PMI PMP® certification in Project Management and/or Program Manager is highly preferred
- 7+ years related experience with a minimum of 5 years in program or project management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in successfully leading development projects from concept through production, release and subsequent support.
- Familiarity with PLM tools (Windchill is a plus) and MRP/planning methodologies (SAP is preferred).
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong client-facing interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, communication and time management.
- Strong understanding of Project management fundamentals and best practices
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software (MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio)
- Understanding and experience with ISO9100, AS9100 or similar QMS systems preferred
- Able to influence and gain the cooperation of others within a matrix organization
- Must demonstrate the eagerness and ability to learn and must work well in a cross-functional team environment
- Work with minimal supervision, to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgement
- Provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Adapt and remain flexible to changing business conditions/needs. Must be able to quickly adjust to shifting priorities
- Manage multiple priorities and demonstrate self-control
Resolve conflict within project teams
React to challenges with a can-do attitude
Handle highly confidential & proprietary information in an appropriate manner
Develop trusting and collaborative relationships and foster involvement at all levels of the working group
- Duties performed indoors in a production environment with adequate lighting and comfortable temperatures; Occasional exposure to moderate noise and machinery with mechanical fast moving parts
- Primarily 1st shift with expected casual over-time
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Travel domestically and internationally (predominantly Mexico & France) up to ~25%
- Must be able to lift objects up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently move about the production floor and office area to attend meetings or trainings or perform Gemba walks.
- May need to travel between different buildings at Rochester NH campus.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time at a in meetings