Production Team Leader II
Albany Engineered Composites | Rochester, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Production Team Leader II - GE9X
2nd Shift Monday - Friday 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Supports all aspects regarding Safety, Quality, Delivery, & Cost (SQDC) of the assigned production Value Stream(s). Value Stream (VS) is defined from receipt of materials through the shipment of good to the customer. Lead, coach, and influence all direct employees affiliated with the Value Stream (VS). Interact with the Value Stream Leader, Director - Operations/Manufacturing Manager, other Production & Technical Supervisors, Engineers, Program Managers, Customer Operations, and Quality in carrying out duties and responsibilities. Interface with the Customer as needed.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following values: Safety, Fact Based, Accountable, Respectful, Persistence and Ethical. Put Safety first at all times, never compromise on safety for the obtainment of other objectives. Responsible for health and safety of themselves and coworkers.
- Strives to exemplify Albany's core values of Safety, Accountability, Fact Based, Persistence, Respect and Ethics
- Ensure proper procedures are followed during: Safety Incidents, Evacuation, Inclement Weather
- Work with Human Resources to execute staffing plans. Including interviewing and selection process.
- Actively manage employee performance, including progressive discipline as required
- Nothing in this document restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Develops strategies and budgets to achieve operational goals within work cell in the areas of Safety, Quality Delivery, and Cost (SQDC).
- Implement and champion Lean Manufacturing practices within the work cell. Drive continuous improvements in the areas of SQDC.
- Ensures operational goals are met in the areas of Safety, Quality Delivery, and Cost (SQDC).
- Responsible for housekeeping and organization (5S) of the work cell
- Observe, support, & contribute to Company safety programs, policies & initiatives. Implement and continually monitor safe work practices in the manufacturing cell. Conduct required safety & environmental audits, 5S audits, JHA assessments, identify hazards, and assure that all other employees follow safe work practices.
- Use manpower, equipment, and material resources to achieve the Manufacturing cell's productivity goal(s).
- Ensure a flexible workforce through cross training.
- Implement, maintain and display visual management of KPI's within the manufacturing cell consistent with those defined at the value stream level.
- Ensure the flow of subcomponents through the cell " bottle necks"
- Write QNs and well as work with Quality and/or Engineers to clear parts from
MRQN as needed.
- Provide work direction to workers assigned to the work cell, coordinate vacation and lunch/break coverage, obtain overtime coverage as approved
- Troubleshoot and assist in solving production problems using root cause analysis tools as appropriate.
- Coordinate and monitor training of new and/or current employees with VSL/Training Coordinator to meet business requirements
- Ensure raw materials & general supplies needed are present at each work station and surplus materials are properly stored.
- Ensure properly completed production and traceability documentation is present at all work stations
- Coordinate the establishment, implementation, and sustainment of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) within the work cell.
- Where applicable operate process monitoring / data acquisition program software (APN system) (MII system for Plant One)
- Perform required work cell SAP/MII transactions
- Perform inventory cycle counts as required, review variance reports, troubleshoot and assist in solving inventory issues.
- Execute and conduct employee performance reviews.
- Review and approve time and attendance for employees within the manufacturing cell.
- Follow Leader Standard Work and ensure work cell compliance to standard work.
Supervisory responsibility: Yes
Supervisors are responsible for overseeing their work group including but not limited to: formal evaluations/performance management as set out by the organization, recruitment and developing
- Good hand -- eye coordination.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. to waist height
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Good manual dexterity
- Exhibits strong math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractions, and decimals.
- 20/20 vision either corrected or without correction
- Attention to detail
- Ability to understand and follow training materials and work instructions.
- Basic knowledge of MSDS and their use.
- Proper use of safety and personal protective equipment.
- Good supervision skills; ability to lead with minimal direction
- Ability to work 24/7 schedule
- Intermediate computer skills (SAP, Excel, PPT, Publisher, Word, etc.)
- Relevant Work Experience: Worked in a manufacturing environment
- Education: AS in Technical curriculum highly preferred. Minimum High School Graduate with relevant work experience.
- Experience may be substituted for education at management's discretion if the candidate has demonstrated the knowledge necessary to perform assigned duties.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma training from a recognized organization highly preferred.
- Work Experience: Manufacturing leadership strongly preferred
Indoor production environment, adequate lighting and comfortable temperatures. Occasional exposure to moderate noise and machinery with mechanical moving parts. Ability to work 24/7 schedule and be available as business situations required, overtime dependent on business need
Frequently positions sheets of material onto molds and/or manually sands parts, etc...
Frequent repetitive hand movements, use of hand tools -- pliers, sanders, scissors, etc...
Frequently remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
Must be able to detect and recognize visual differences between materials or parts, etc...
Frequently moves molds and parts >25 lbs between work tables and carts
It is the policy of AEC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, AEC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.