Production Supervisor - Weekend Shift
Safran Aerospace Composites, Inc. | Rochester, NH
This position is responsible to supervise and coordinate the activities of production workers engaged in operating a variety of machines to manufacture composite aerospace parts. This position may also be required to coordinate the work flow of multiple work groups among several shifts. Independent, sound judgment and the ability to work as a team player are of utmost importance.
Schedule is Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 7pm to 7am. Includes a 15% shift differential!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- *Directly supervises up to 30 employees and carries out these responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems all in a professional, timely manner.
- *Maintain the work flow by monitoring the various steps in the process, understanding the inventory levels compared to customer orders, and managing the production schedule.
- *Works closely with other production supervisors and interfaces with others in the Company to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Develops, recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of products.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of the department and the wellbeing of the employees.
- Participates in the analysis of accidents and incidents resulting in processes under his/her responsibility.
- Participates in Job Safety Analyses and General Planned Inspections.
- Required to comply with all OSHA regulations related to these operations including, but not limited to, safety shoes, hearing, eye protection, as well as all other Company safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college coursework in a related field strongly preferred.
- No less than 5 years of relatable experience preferred, ideally in a supervisory capacity within a manufacturing setting.
- Strong mechanical aptitude as well as an astute ability to multi-task in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Working knowledge of statistical process control (SPC) required.
- Knowledge of and compliance with AS9100C or ISO9001 standards strongly preferred.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow verbal instructions in order to perform duties described above.
- Ability to meet deadlines; also requires the ability to concentrate and pay attention to details.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively with employees among all levels of the organization.
- Work requires an in-depth understanding of organization and department policies and practices in order to complete tasks accurately and effectively.
- Demonstrated competencies related to problem solving, project management, teamwork, delegation, leadership, diversity, ethics, safety and security, adaptability, and professionalism.
- Prior budget tracking responsibility and proven record of process improvement strongly preferred.
- Strong MS Office skills require, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Lighting and temperature are adequate.
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Eye protection must be worn in manufacturing areas, approximately 75% of a standard work day.
- Ear protection must be worn during certain operations, approximately 10% of a standard work day. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or o protected characteristics under applicable state or federal laws.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.