Product Configuration Associate
Albany Engineered Composites | Rochester, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
The Configuration & Product Structure Associate will support configuration management activities necessary to incorporate new engineering work products or work product changes, in accordance with contractual, customer, program, and regulatory requirements. The individual will have responsibilities for supporting the archival and maintenance of Product Definition Data (PDD) and other product/process configuration data within the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system for the manufacture of advanced carbon fiber composite flight-critical aircraft components, from concept development to sustaining support. This position requires a highly motivated, self-starter who is able to assimilate new information quickly within a fast-paced production-ramp-up environment.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following values: Safety, Fact-Based, Accountable, Respectful, Persistence and Ethical. Put Safety first at all times, never compromise on safety for the obtainment of other objectives. Responsible for health and safety of themselves and co-workers.
- Design product structure & Bill of Material (BOM) architecture solutions in business PLM system in support of evolving business needs; responsible for the accuracy of production structure relationships and direct requirements.
- Support the review and analysis of configuration data to control product (e.g. process, equipment, tools, controls, etc.) changes.
- Support the creation of change requests and change notifications within enterprise PLM system
- Manage the assignment of drawing and document numbers.
- Release and make available engineering work products and data including engineering standards, CAD models/drawings, analyses, process plans, and work instructions.
- Interface with program/project management, design & development, contracts, tooling, manufacturing engineering, operations, quality assurance, and product support, in order to develop and maintain configuration incorporation plans and integrated schedules via application of project & configuration management principles.
- Communicate status, including elevation of issues and risks as needed, to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide administrative support for configuration change control process.
- Ensure compliance with configuration management standards
- Perform other duties as assigned, inclusive of data entry and product/process configuration data & documentation maintenance.
Education / Professional Certification:
- Minimum High School Diploma;
- Associates Degree is a plus
- CMII Professional Certification is a plus
Experience & Specialized Knowledge:
- 2+ years related experience
- Working knowledge of product structures, configurable products architecture and technical/engineering change management systems
- Working knowledge of PLM tools (Windchill is a plus) and MRP/planning methodologies (SAP is preferred) is required
- Knowledge of configuration data & document control requirements & software in a manufacturing environment (aviation industry is preferred)
- Knowledge of the production system (e.g., supply, engineering, manufacturing, quality, support, etc.)
- Detail oriented, particularly with data entry, data verification and data retrieval
- Interpretation of manufacturing process plans and technical coordination memos
- Strong organizational, communication and time management.
- Strong client-facing interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of configuration management & product structure fundamentals and best practices
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software (MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio)
- Understanding and experience with international industry standards (ISO9100, AS9100 or similar QMS systems preferred)
- Work with global, as well as local manufacturing locations
- Must demonstrate the eagerness and ability to learn and must work well in a cross-functional team environment
- React to challenges with a can-do attitude
- Handle highly confidential & proprietary information in an appropriate manner
- Develop trusting and collaborative relationships and foster involvement at all levels of the working group
- Work with minimal supervision, to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgement
- Provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing
- Adapt and remain flexible to changing business conditions/needs. Must be able to quickly adjust to shifting priorities
- Manage multiple priorities and demonstrate self-control
- Duties performed indoors in an office area of a production environment with adequate lighting and comfortable temperatures; Occasional exposure to moderate noise and machinery with mechanical fast moving parts
- Primarily 1st shift with expected casual over-time to support production needs
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Travel domestically and internationally (predominantly Mexico & France) up to ~5%
- Must be able to lift objects (predominantly documents/books) up to 40 lbs.
- May need to travel between different buildings at Rochester NH campus.
May require sitting for extended periods of time in meetings