Patient Service Coordinator: Tamworth
Huggins Hospital | Tamworth, NH
A. Patient Access
1. Able to assess patient needs when appointments are requested understanding the nature and length of the various appointment types to effectively and efficiently schedule patients.
2. Assists in scheduling tests, treatments, and appointments in other facilities at the direction of the provider.
3. Confirms appointments with patients in a timely manner.
4. Acknowledges appointments daily to ensure accurate recording of the patient visit.
B. Financial and Billing Functions
1. Simple Banking- collects money for services rendered and provides receipts.
2. Able to answer basic billing inquiries and directs patients to the appropriate staff to address problems or establish payment plans.
C. Office Support
1. Ensures all patients and visitors are accounted for in the care of an emergency.
2. Ensures all provider dictation or letters are copies, distributed, and filed in a timely manner.
3. Maintains forms such as release of information, workman's compensation, return to work for easy access. Assist the patient to complete these as needed.
4. Manages outgoing and incoming mail.
5. Maintains office machinery, placing services calls as needed.
6. Maintains a clean/safe office environment particularly the patient common areas. Keeps the office neat, clean, organized, and free from clutter.
D. Record Coordination Functions
1. Establishes and maintains patient medical records folders with appropriate documentation.
2. Prepares records for the appointments, including preparation of the encounter/billing forms, ensuring the record has a new progress note available for entries and copies of most recent tests have been obtained and are available for the provider.
3. Processes medical record requests as necessary in a timely manner.
4. Ensures access to medical records is restricted only to those employees with authorized access.
5. Accurately utilizes the Electronic Health Records per the Best Practice Workflows:
a. Utilizes the system to accurately search/create a patient vs. a person, preventing duplication of patient accounts.
b. Verifies/updates patient registration including accurate demographics and health insurance at each visit.
c. Completes daily work list (orders tracking, tasking, document import) providing timely care and response to the patients.
d. Compliance in all regulatory item collection.