Patient Service Coordinator Rehabilitation
Huggins Hospital | Wolfeboro, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingUnder the immediate supervision of the Director of Rehabilitation and Diagnostic Services, is responsible for continuously responsible for representing the office in a professional, friendly and respectful manner. The Patient Service Coordinator helps the facilitation of the patient's progress through the appointment process while always maintaining patient confidentiality.
A. Quality/Customer Service
1. Greets all patients, community and staff with a friendly smile in an open posture addressing by name as able. Notify Therapists of their patient's arrival.
2. Make all visitors to Back Bay feel welcomed and appreciated they came. Offering assistance as needed to help fill out their paperwork in a private area.
3. Scanning the lobby area on a regular basis to ensure that all patients and visitors are accounted for and update as needed to inform them of delays. Follow up with Therapist when noted delay.
4. Completes any data collection as assigned to assist with Quality measures and control.
5. Answers questions appropriately, and professionally and if not known follows up appropriately and in a timely manner.
6. May travel to other Huggins Hospital sites as requested.
B. Registering and Scheduling of patients
1. Schedules all outpatients for appointments keeping in mind the needs of the patients while understanding of therapists specialties and set schedule.
2. Notes all Cancellations and no shows in scheduling software and informs concerned therapist in a timely fashion with reasons for cancellation. Work with the patient to ensure that the patient can get in another appointment that week to follow the frequency in the treatment plan.
3. When registering a patient, ensure that all appropriate fields are filled out to ensure proper data being entered into the system. Verify with the patient that the appropriate data is entered.
4. Consistently follows departmental policies and procedures.
5. Completes all medical records documentation and demographics appropriately and in a timely manner in accordance with department/facility policies.
1. Performs all clerical duties and tasks assigned efficiently and effectively.
2. Carries out all Fiscal and medical record data collection and coordination in preparation to submit to appropriate departments including billing and finance.
3. Auditing of charges from the therapist on a daily basis...if errors occur bring to the therapists attention same day for editing.
4. Complete Accounting and Reconciling spreadsheets at the end of the day of all monies, appropriately. If errors exist bring to the attention of the Director. Fill out the proper paperwork and send over to finance in a secure manner via IOM.
5. Take proper and complete messages for all staff and convey in a timely manner.
D. Gym and Wellness
1. Ensuring adequate notice to patient's and members of upcoming membership dues, events, closures, sales etc.
2. Ensure that all wellness members fill out the appropriate membership paperwork.
3. If member is in violation of any of the membership and safety agreements the member will be notified and will be reported to the Director
4. Assists in the day to day pool operations to ensure proper testing according to regulations.
5. Runs reports on a monthly basis of attendance.