Paint Line Operator 2nd Shift $500 SIGN-ON BONUS
Safran Aerospace Composites, Inc. | Rochester, NH
This position is responsible for preparing products to be painted. After a training period on first shift, this position is for second shift, Monday - Friday, 3:15pm - 11:15pm.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Capable of covering portions of parts to be painted with tape and paper (masking) requiring attention to detail
- *Perform rework as required to include: touch-up, sanding, cleaning, re-masking.
- *Perform basic preventive maintenance and routine cleaning on all paint equipment and paint booth.
- *Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly manner.
- *Use equipment properly and follow the safety features/operating procedures.
- *Actively participate in continual improvement and corrective action measures when appropriate.
- *Safely operate commercial paint-curing oven and accurately record parameters.
- *Work in a confined space (paint booth) and wear painting related equipment including a face shield and respirator.
- Follows established procedures.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Complies with all OSHA regulations related to plant operations including, but not limited to, safety shoes, hearing and eye protection, full face shield with hood and airline and respirator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Overtime may be required, based on business needs.
- *This individual also has responsibility for the safe handling and movement of hazardous materials, including waste, at SAC. More details on this role can be found in the Hazardous Waste Training Plan located in the HSE office.
- High school diploma or high school equivalency required.
- Prior experience with painting using handheld painting equipment required; measuring thickness within the guidelines of the mil-specification protocol strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Successful completion of relevant coursework in an accredited advanced manufacturing program may be substituted for experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Basic mechanical aptitude; ability to recognize potential problems with product or equipment and take corrective action.
- Physically able to work with paints and solvents.
- Must have basic math skills; understanding of metric system beneficial.
- Ability to participate effectively in a team environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills, including the ability to navigate computer software systems.
- Knowledge of and compliance with AS9100C or ISO9001 standards
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The employee should have limited facial hair to allow proper respirator fit and usage.
- The work is performed in a plant environment. Employee will be exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Lighting and temperature are adequate
- Respirators must be worn during certain processes, approximately 10% of a standard work day.
- Eye protection must be worn in manufacturing areas, approximately 90% of a standard work day.
- Ear protection must be worn during certain operations, approximately 10% of a standard work day.
- Various moving parts and machinery common to manufacturing facilities.
- Safely working around and with radiographic equipment regularly.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Aerospace Composites must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected characteristics under applicable state or federal laws.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.