Huggins Hospital | Ossipee, NH
Under the general supervision of the Practice Manager, is responsible for working with the providers and practice team to coordinate and ensure the delivery of quality care and medical services.
Education: Completion of RN or LPN program
Experience: One-year office experience preferred
Licenses/Certification: NH RN or LPN license
Direct Clinical Care
- Accurately documents patient's chief complaint, medical history, and vital signs and completes pertinent forms within the Electronic Health Record and in accordance with the Best Practice Work Flows
- Prepares/instructs/positions and drapes the patient
- Performs EKGs, PFTs, rapid strep, pregnancy tests and other tests that may be ordered by the physician or provider
- Performs phlebotomy and venipuncture as needed
- Assists in minor surgeries and procedures such as pap smears, suturing, dressing changes, catheterizations, and casting. Practices aseptic and sterile techniques as needed
- Provide patients with educational materials as requested by the provider. Instructs patients about medications, diet, and exercise
- Prepares and administers medication as directed by physician or provider or as indicated in the patient record
- Ensures timely telephone assessments, including triage of appropriate care for patients with appropriate documentation and scheduling
- Orders medications within Hospital policy for refills and prescription processing
- Provides clinical support for all providers and physicians
- Assists providers and physicians with review of reports and clinical studies
- Assists providers and physicians with communication to patients regarding test results, recommendations, and responses to treatment plans
- Prepares the examination room with needed supplies, instruments, and equipment, and maintains room in a clean manner
- Ensures the providers and physicians are on schedule being mindful of emergencies and unexpected interruptions
- Prepares specimens and documentation for processing or transportation to processing facility
- Ensures vaccines are handled and administered in accordance with standards of the NH Immunization Program with provision for reporting of adverse events
Supply, Equipment, and Medication Coordination
- Supervises the maintenance of an inventory of supplies and equipment as required to perform clinical services.
- Ensures that emergency equipment is checked and functional
- Cares, cleans, and sterilizes equipment per instructions or established procedures
- Ensures hazardous materials are stored, handled, and disposed of in accordance with Hospital policies
- Ensures vaccines are stored in accordance with standards of the NH Immunization Program
- Ensures that sample products are stored properly and that they are inspected periodically and removed if outdated
- Keeps drug closets clean and organized while ensuring all medications are current and disposing of expired medications per Hospital policy.
- Orders medical supplies and medications/immunizations as needed and keeps exam rooms and bathrooms stocked.
Patient Access and Office Coordination
- Schedules appointments and completes orders for patients for appointments, procedures, tests, and consultations with other providers as requested by the provider.
- Completes and processes HMO referrals, pre-certifications, or pre-approvals as needed
- Answers the telephone, files, and retrieves records as needed
- Ensures efficient patient flow and provides timely assessment of patients presenting at the office