Non-Destructive Test (NDT) Trainee
Safran Aerospace Composites, Inc. | Rochester, NH
|Non-Destructive Test (NDT) Trainee - 3rd shift ($500 SIGN-ON BONUS, $1000 AFTER FIRST YEAR)|
The position of NDT Trainee is responsible to be an active participant in the training program for the applicable NDT methods used within Safran Aerospace Composites as controlled by PRONH-QU-6222 ref. NAS 410 and company policies and procedures. The Trainee will gain work experience under the direct observation of a certified Level 1, level 2 or Level 3 in each method with the goal of becoming professionally qualified as an NDT Inspector of components primarily for the aerospace industry. This position reports to a NDT Supervisor. After a training period, this position is for third shift, Sunday night through Thursday night, from 11:15pm to 7:15am. Overtime may be required, based on business needs.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Local candidates only.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions):
- *Accurately follow written instructions and clearly record results under close supervision.
- *Show continuous progression within the NDT certification process based on feedback from others as well as successfully passing various examinations (domestic travel required when attending training sessions).
- *Illustrate the ability to make sound decisions on how to inspect and process parts.
- *Follow established procedures and part specific techniques.
- *Must know and follow all department and company safety rules.
- *Successfully perform calibrations, tests and evaluations with NDT equipment.
- *Be able to learn and operate ultrasonic test equipment and/or radiographic test equipment.
- Overtime may be required, based on business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some college courses in a related technical field strongly preferred.
- No less than two years of relatable experience strongly preferred, such as in an inspection role in a manufacturing setting.
- Ability to read specifications, formulas, charts, tables, drawings; comprehend and follow verbal instructions; perform intermediate arithmetic calculations in order to perform duties above.
- Must have a high level of integrity and able to accept an elevated level of responsibility.
- Knowledge of and compliance with AS9100C or ISO9001 standards strongly preferred.
- Required to comply with OSHA regulations related to these operations, including but not limited to, safety shoes, hearing and eye protection.
- Excellent attention to detail and due diligence in your work at all times. A customer centric attitude to the quality of your work with a desire to ensure continual and consistent client satisfaction at all times is required.
- Proficient understanding of the metric system.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with coworkers.
- Work requires basic understanding of organization and department policies and practices in order to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office computer skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must pass the requirements of Jaeger #1 test chart at no less than 12", or NAS-410 near vision requirements.
- Work requires standing or walking (over 50% of the time), sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, visual acuity, accommodation and color vision.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, approximately 20% of a standard work day.
- Ability to bend, climb and work in confined spaces as needed to complete testing tasks.
- Ability to train on various shifts for up to one year, including 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Lighting and temperature are adequate.
- Eye protection must be worn in manufacturing areas, approximately 90% of a standard work day.
- Ear protection must be worn during certain operations, approximately 10% of a standard work day.
- Various moving parts and machinery common to manufacturing facilities.
- Safely working around and with radiographic equipment regularly.
Potential Exposure to Radiation: Consult With Your Physician.
Please Note: While protective gear may be required when performing certain aspects of this job, employees in this position will also be required to wear monitors when performing tasks which may involve exposure to radiation. This exposure is monitored to ensure workers do not exceed NRC recommended annual exposure limits. Employees who have worked in similar jobs for other employers or who have otherwise been exposed to radiation before working for Safran Aerospace Composites should consult with their physician and discuss their prior exposure before commencing work in this position. Safran Aerospace Composites has no way to monitor or gauge your prior exposure to radiation so be certain to review this with your physician as you are assuming risk if exposure in this position might, when combined with your prior exposure, exceeds NRC recommended limits. Any questions about the NRC recommended annual radiation exposure limits and the monitoring procedures at Safran Aerospace Composites should be directed to the Health, Safety & Environment Department before commencing work in this position.
This position's pay rate is based on relevant experience, includes a 10% shift differential, $500 sign-on bonus and $1000 retention bonus after your first year!
Candidates for positions with Safran Aerospace Composites must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected characteristics under applicable state or federal laws.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.