Merchant Sales Officer
Bangor Savings Bank | Portsmouth, NH
Merchant Sales Officer
Function: Working under the direction and guidelines established by the Merchant Card Services Department, the Merchant Card Sales Officer is responsible for the acquisition and retention of merchant clients through a solution based approach and exceptional client service standards.
The Merchant Card Sales Officer will research and develop prospect lists independently, through internal partners including the Branch network, and through externally developed networks. Assists in ensuring that the Bank complies with local, state and federal regulations.
The Merchant Card Sales Officer possesses a comprehensive understanding of the merchant processing regulatory environments, industry trends and practices, as well as the technical expertise to proficiently support these products.
New Client Acquisition:
- Acquire new client relationships.
- Active business calling.
- Develop and maintain prospect lists of potential new clients for Bangor Savings Bank.
- Monitor market developments and conditions.
Business Partner Relations:
- Introduce internal partners to new client opportunities.
- Serve as the Merchant Card Services liaison for Branch network.
- Work closely with product partners on client solutions for comprehensive banking packages for prospects and clients.
- Deliver Business Banking products and services to small business and mass-market segments.
External Referral Source Development:
- Develop, maintain and leverage a comprehensive referral network of individuals, organizations, and centers of influence outside Bangor Savings Bank.
- Represent the Bank throughout assigned market as appropriate on small business, community and civic organizations.
- Attend functions, programs and events as a Bank representative.
Customer Relationship Development, Satisfaction, Retention:
- Maintain and grow base of small business and commercial customers.
- Work with Retail partners to ensure levels of client contact are upheld.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College, business or banking professional training.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated personal computer literacy.
- Ability to handle complex problems.
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written.
- Previous sales experience.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
- General office environment.
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.
- General office equipment.
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.