Member Benefits Coordinator
New Hampshire Retirement System | Concord, NH
SCOPE OF WORK:
To perform benefit implementation procedures using business software to ensure proper benefit estimates and annuity payment calculations for members under New Hampshire Retirement System statute and rules.
- Operates and navigates a pension software system to calculate member retirement plan benefits and posts completed benefits information to the pension payroll system.
- Reviews retirement applications for completeness and prepares and mails monthly general retirement confirmation letters and pre-selection verification and acknowledgement letters.
- Enters all new retirees into business software and prepares monthly retiree listings.
- Works closely with employers to rectify or verify wages and accuracy of members’ records and contributions.
- Provides feedback on recurrent employer issues to supervisor for the purpose of notification and referral to Employer Services functional team for any appropriate follow-up service and support.
- Extracts member financial data for pension payroll processing.
- Interacts with members via telephone and in person to assist in the retirement process.
- Researches various technical and archival data to resolve problems and issues of historical consequences regarding benefit payments.
- Compiles data for various research projects and prepares reports for use by Benefit Specialists and management.
- Serves as back-up and additional resource to other team members as requested by supervisor.
- Other appropriate and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Associate’s degree, in Accounting, Business Management or other related field preferred. Each additional year of relevant formal education may be substituted for one year of required work experience.
Experience: Two year of professional or paraprofessional experience in accounting, employee benefits or related field.
License/Certification: Valid driver’s license preferred. Licensed notary public required and certification must be kept current.
- This position may require some in-state travel and the ability to work a flexible schedule, including periodic evening hours.
RECOMMENDED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND TRAITS:
- Dependability and reliability; detail-oriented and conscientious.
- Demonstrated ability to practice appropriate judgment, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, outside vendors, and other constituent groups and individuals.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to effectively plan, prioritize, and perform diversified duties accurately.
- Demonstrated proficiency with various computer applications including, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- This position requires sitting (80%), standing (5%), and walking (15%).
- Requires lifting materials of approximately 20-25 lbs.
- Often requires computer responsibility which involves extensive use of keyboard, mouse and monitor.
- Dayshift hours primarily, although overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Work related assignments on weekends are possible.