Medical Collections Representative Nashua NH
Balanced Healthcare Receivables, LLC | Nashua, NH
Job Title: Medical Collections Representative – Tier 1
Reports To: Collections Manager
FLSA Status: NON-EXEMPT
The Medical Collections Representative – Tier 1 is responsible for contacting consumers in order to negotiate payment in full, settlement in full, and payment arrangements. As well as basic knowledge of insurance filing limits, and appeals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiate payment terms and methods when right party is reached. The negotiation process often requires reviewing the account information in database, and/or asking probing questions of the consumer in order to better understand potential objections to payment.
- Overcome stalls and objections and suggest money sources for debt payment
- Leave messages with consumers informing them of contact points via a mandated script.
- Execute verbal skip tracing procedures when non-right party is reached. This includes asking for home address, home telephone number, and place of employment.
- Utilize the scripted opening when the right party is reached. This includes identifying the consumer, identifying company, and account resolution.
- Update the customer record with new information, record the call result or disposition; as well as any relevant notes about the call via the menu or narrative section of the system
- Basic knowledge of health insurance, motor vehicle insurance, worker’s compensation insurance and correct system statuses after contact. The knowledge process often requires knowing where to place this information for billing.
Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have completed Basic Training / BHR Policies and Procedures
Passed all required testing including but not limited to: FDCPA, HIPPA, TCPA
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have Interpersonal and human relation skills
- Ability to respond to questions in a tactful and professional manner
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Must be able to operate personal computer
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to make basic numerical calculations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to maintain accuracy
- Ability to interpret accounts and records
- Ability to persuade and influence
PHYSICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Hand dexterity
- Able to talk and hear
- Occasionally required to stand or walk and lift and/or move up to 5 pounds
- Employee works in a temperature controlled office environment. Account Representative sits at a desk during regularly scheduled work hours; answers and makes telephone calls using a computer based phone; types on a standard keyboard; reads and comprehends information from a computer terminal and/or written resources.
Hourly pay plus Commission based on monthly goals.