Manager of Security & Safety
CURRIER MUSEUM OF ART | Manchester, NH
The Currier Museum of Art in Manchester, New Hampshire, internationally-acclaimed art museum specializing in European, American and Contemporary Art, seeks a security professional for the position of MANAGER OF SECURITY & SAFETY reporting to the Director of Facilities Operations. The successful candidate will manage the museum security operations and staff responsible for the protection and safety of the museum buildings, collections, visitors, staff, students and volunteers. Will supervise a large part-time security officer force and have oversight for all museum security systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years security management experience, preferably in an art museum or other cultural institution.
- Knowledge and understanding of current security systems and safety/security best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to supervise, support, and coach staff to achieve desired results.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic, with the ability to develop effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and visitors.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, positive attitude and a sense of humor, with a commitment to confidentiality and ethical behavior.
- Team orientation and ability to collaborate across departments.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly energetic, goal-driven; flexible, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Superior planning and organizational skills, with a high attention to detail; proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.