Albany Engineered Composites | Rochester, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Albany Engineered Composites
Shift: Monday - Friday(3:00 PM to 11:00 PM)
Rochester, New Hampshire
Who we are:
Albany Engineered Composites, Inc. (AEC) designs, develops, and manufactures advanced composite components. Our core strength is our ability to produce highly tailored, complex composite parts, with a focus on AEC's unique 3D reinforced composite technology. Our products often enable our customers to use lightweight, high-performance composites in applications where they previously have been unable to because of complex performance or geometry needs. For example, we help customers in aerospace and transportation replace heavier metallic components with highly durable, lightweight composite components to reduce weight and improve fuel efficiency. AEC manufactured composite fan blades and cases are used exclusively in CFM LEAP engines which power the Boeing 737-MAX and Airbus A320neo aircraft. There are also over 200 AEC manufactured parts across all variants of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. Please visit www.albint.com/aec to learn more about AEC products and technologies. AEC is a subsidiary of Albany International Corp. (NYSE:AIN) and shares its mission to deliver differentiating products and service with the highest quality and reliability. AEC is headquartered in Rochester, New Hampshire, home to AEC's Research & Technology Center as well as LEAP and other production facilities. The company has additional global fabrication and assembly facilities in New Hampshire, Texas, Utah, France, and a new manufacturing plant that is currently under construction in Mexico
- Will fabricate, troubleshoot, and/or maintain: machinery, fixtures, tooling, and electronic controls/components;
- Electrical wiring of industrial, production, and plant equipment in accordance with blueprints, manuals, and building codes
- Basic operation, maintenance and repair of physical plant electrical equipment for lighting, power, and HVAC * On-call support of off-shift production as assigned.
- Requisition (as directed) and replenishment of machine/equipment consumables and spares
- Interact with production supervision and staff to ensure the timely flow of required information
- Documentation of equipment maintenance performed.
- Housekeeping and organization of the work area
- Safety- Strict adherence to the NEC/NFPA Electrical Code is required along with compliance with company safety policies and procedures including adherence to PPE requirements, Lock Out/ Tag Out Policy; Confined Space Policy, etc. Reporting of near misses / accidents in a timely manner to the Supervisor or Safety Coordinator.
- Quality- Consistently adheres to quality policies / procedures and produce quality work which meets or exceeds both internal and external stakeholder requirements.
- Productivity- Consistently meets production expectations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Teamwork- Consistently demonstrate respect for all stakeholders in the business and work productively and respectfully with others towards team and company goals Albany
Engineered Composites, Inc. is an AA/EEO employer.
- Demonstrated experience with Allen Bradley PLC's, and/or other PLC control systems such as Siemens
- Experience with electric motors and motor controls, VFD's,
- Knowledge of NEC/NFPA Electrical Code.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD LT to create/modify wiring diagrams/schematics as well as creating one-line diagrams
- Familiar with MSDS and their use
- Proper use of safety and personal protective equipment. Skills:
- Troubleshoot, diagnosis and repair of electro-mechanical equipment
- Demonstrated experience with PLC controls including; program updates, backups, programming, ladder logic and interfacing/troubleshooting of industrial equipment and its processes.
- Experience working with 480 volt services preferred, but not essential
- Safe operation of powered lifting equipment
- Capable of working independent of supervision under own initiative
- Work from prints, schematics and electrical control drawings.
- Good blueprint, sketch, layout, wiring diagram, drawing & specification creation/interpretation skills. * Math skills consistent with position requirements
- Understand and follow training materials, technical drawings, and work instructions.
- Basic computer skills. Ability to learn basic MS Outlook/Word/Excel functions, PM program use and SAP transactions. Abilities:
- Good hand -- eye coordination, manual dexterity and electro-mechanical aptitude * Must be able to lift 50 lbs. to shoulder height
- Good attention to detail and problem solving skills
- 20/20 vision either corrected or without correction
- Additional Position Requirements (education, certifications, physical)
- High School or GED Equivalent Required
- 2-year degree in a relevant discipline preferred. Experience may be substituted for education at management's discretion.
- Industrial journeyman with Journeyman Certificate, preferred, but not essential