Maintenance Technician Level II
Safran Aerospace Composites, Inc. | Rochester, NH
|Maintenance Technician Level II - Weekend Shift ($500 SIGN-ON BONUS)|
Maintenance Technician Level II is responsible for timely repairs and preventive maintenance of various types of industrial production equipment, including but not limited to, CNC machines, paint booth equipment, Tomograph equipment, UT equipment, automated sandblaster and other related equipment. A Level II Technician must be able to work independently and within a group atmosphere with the goal of keeping production equipment downtime to a minimum. After a training period on first shift, this is for the weekend shift, Friday through Sunday nights, 7pm-7am. This position includes a 15% shift differential!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions):
- *Perform various technical repairs on equipment including CNC machines, CMM machines and other facility equipment.
- *Perform predictive and preventive maintenance as required for equipment and facilities while servicing equipment as necessary to prevent unplanned equipment downtime.
- *Directly work on the installation and modifications of process equipment within the facility.
- *Perform mechanical-type skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- *Comply and maintain certifications where applicable with all OSHA regulations related to these operations including, but not limited to, all required PPE.
- Evaluate, machine performance using calibration equipment to ensure machine conformance.
- Maintain precise equipment preventive maintenance and repair records.
- Work with outside contractors performing services within the facility under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Provide timely response to off-hour calls for service required to support operations.
- Overtime may be required, based on business needs.
- Assist in locating, purchasing and shipping of parts through external vendors.
- Performs machine alignments, leveling and squaring and ball bars inspections.
- Diagnose control related issues with equipment, in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- No less than six years of relatable experience strongly preferred, including a few years in a manufacturing setting.
- Minimum of two years fork truck experience, industrial lift experience a plus.
- No less than one year of welding experience.
- Basic PLC knowledge, Siemens step 7 300 preferred.
- CNC machine alignments a plus.
- Understanding of servo systems and NC style equipment.
- Strong computer background to be able to assist OEM's in online machine diagnostics.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal instructions and ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations in order to perform duties described above.
- Must be able to interpret drawings and schematics, and use hand held measuring equipment.
- Fully proficient with using a variety of hand tools and power tools supplied by employee.
- Strong industrial electrical knowledge and moderate mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to concentrate and pay attention to detail.
- Follows established routines.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with coworkers.
- Work requires basic understanding of organization and department policies and practices in order to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Basic word processing skills required, including MicroSoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Work requires: walking or standing over 50% of the time; frequently required to reach with hands and arms; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle and feel; required to see, talk and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, approximately 20% of a standard work day. May be required to lift in excess of 35 pounds with assistance.
- Lighting and temperature are adequate, outside work can be required.
- Eye protection must be worn in manufacturing areas, approximately 90% of a standard work day.
- Ear protection must be worn during certain operations, approximately 10% of a standard work day.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Aerospace Composites must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected characteristics under applicable state or federal laws.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.