Bangor Savings Bank | Portsmouth, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Bangor Savings Bank
FUNCTIONAL AREAS: Finance, Information Technology, Marketing, Operations, and Human Resources
Working under the direction and guidelines established of a sponsored supervisor, Bangor Savings Bank Interns will perform job duties and an assigned project to apply their classroom knowledge to a real work assignment to prepare individuals to the workforce, enhance their credentials and jump start their career accomplishments. Interns will receive onboarding, training and support and are expected to exhibit professional behavior and performance to remain true to the Banka€™s mission and deliver on our You Matter More promise to help our employees, customers and communities prosper.
- Perform responsibilities and duties for assigned department (supervisors should provide function specific tasks to be completed) where the intern can apply classroom knowledge
- Complete assigned Project in full and on time and presented to a panel of Bank leaders. Project must have defined objectives, learning goals and specific outcomes. Intern will complete 1-2 page executive summary of work/recommendation with a 10-minute oral presentation.
- Adequate support and supervision will be provided, as well as regular check-ins to track progress toward goals and address challenges; integrating within the team and provide appropriate training on business systems, processes, and procedures.
- Intern experience coordinated by the Talent & Diversity team to deliver a high quality learning and work experience. Intern is responsible for establishing a relationship & communication with the Bank Intern Coordinator. The Intern Coordinator works with FocusMaine on external events, plans internal education sessions and will serve as a bank contact for future employment with the Bangor Savings Bank.
- Intern will participate in daylong Bank orientation and 2 nd day session a€?Optimizing Your Internship Experiencea€ť at BSB.
- Bangor Savings Bank partners with FocusMaine, a coalition of Maine employers who are sponsoring 1,000 interns state-wide. FocusMaine provides external education and social opportunities to meet other students interning in Maine for the summer. There are also networking events where interns can meet Leaders from Mainea€™s leading employers. Interns are expected to participate in one Networking and one Education event. If events are offsite, mileage is paid. If event are held after work hours, interns will be paid for this time.
- All BSB internships are paid. Interns are compensated at the Banka€™s current living wage rate.
- Bangor Savings Bank will work with interns and their college or university to comply with reasonable requirements, if academic credit is requested. Contact the Internship Coordinator.
- Participate in an exit interview to provide feedback to ensure continuous improvement to the Banka€™s internship program.
- Internships are temporary employment assignments generally 10 weeks in the summer or an academic semester. This is not a benefits eligible position.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork
- Be inquisitive.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance and other professional behavior and conduct as outlined in the BSB Employee Handbook
- Performs additional duties as requested
- Adaptability/Flexibility a€" adapts to change, is open to new ideas, and takes on new challenges.
- Teamwork- promotes a team atmosphere, selflessly pitches in, shares information, partners well with others.
- Initiative a€" takes action, operates as a pro-active self-starter, acts on opportunities to improve.
- Integrity/Ethics/Judgment a€" deals with others in a straightforward, honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys news good or bad.
TEAMWORK, KNOWLEDGE/SKILL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current college student with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Proven leadership skills as evidenced by extracurricular, internship, community involvement and/or professional experiences.
- High aptitude for creative problem solving and critical thinking based on previous education, work and volunteer experiences.
- Strong communications skills a€" verbal, written and listening. Ability to Coach and be coached.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, CONDITION REQUIREMENTS, & EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office environment
- Essential functions of the job are performed on Bank premises
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required
- Must have a valid Drivera€™s License and transportation
- Jobs posted January, February, and Mid-March
- Interviews will be conducted Mid-March to April
- Offer letter will be sent on April 15 th
- Starting date June 1 st
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.