Housekeeping Shift Leader
Appalachian Mountain Club | Gorham, NH
Work in the heart of Pinkham Notch, a multi-sport outdoor destination unlike any other! From our front door, hike New England's tallest peak or mountain bike nearby trail networks - the outdoor adventure you're looking for awaits! If this sounds like a destination for you, then consider joining our team!
The Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC), America's oldest conservation, education and recreation organization, is now searching for a Housekeeping Shift Leader to organize and monitor the activities of AMC’s housekeeping and custodial staff on a shift in relation to overall cleanliness and maintenance of guest rooms and public areas, ensuring that visitors and guests to this busy AMC location are meet with a positive first impression. This position requires performing the duties of a housekeeper, executing special project work along with taking on a supervisory role.
This is a full-time, year-round, non-exempt, hourly position offering competitive compensation and excellent employee benefits. We would love to hear from candidates who want to make a career with AMC and have enthusiasm for our programs and mission!
- Welcome and assist guests, visitors, members and others in a positive manner, responding to any problems or special requests with a professional demeanor.
- Interact with guests regarding educational information and opportunities and AMC memberships.
- Provide active supervision and guidance for front-line employees during shifts and regularly scheduled meetings to ensure high standards of service and productivity. Be a model for the Lodge Crew by arriving to work with energy, efficiency and the willingness to “go the extra mile” for our guests and fellow staff members.
- Assist in the ordering of housekeeping and laundry supplies, maintaining equipment and keeping a complete inventory of items needed.
- Work with the Housekeeping Supervisor and maintenance staff to ensure recycling and composting programs are a success.
- Evaluate areas that may need to be revamped such as our guest rooms or common areas and review such issues with the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Participate in the daily cleaning and upkeep of guest rooms, common areas and bathrooms of the Joe Dodge Lodge and other buildings.
- Participate in deep cleaning of the lodge and other areas on a weekly/monthly basis or as instructed.
- Assist with custodial tasks when needed, including snow shoveling and lawn/garden maintenance.
- Professional experience in housekeeping services.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to be a team player within a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with people of different backgrounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, mornings and evenings.
- Familiarity with the White Mountain National Forest and enthusiasm for AMC programs and mission.
Employee Perks: In addition to a 30% discount on all merchandise sold at AMC facilities and in AMC catalogs, access to various pro deals that help you purchase gear at deeply reduced rates and a one-year AMC membership, year round employees are also eligible for...
- Group health plan with generous employer contribution
- Group life and AD&D insurance, 100 percent employer paid
- Long term disability insurance, 100 percent employer paid
- Retirement plan with matching contributions
- Paid vacation time, 15 days
- Paid sick time, 10 days
- Paid holidays, 13 days
- 10 free nights for you and your immediately family members at AMC facilities
To Apply: Now accepting applications! Please include your resume and a cover letter when applying. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.
The AMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. The AMC encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies and procedures. Our goal is to be a community that is comfortable, inviting and accessible for people of any age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. Join us!