Health Information Technician 11
Exeter Hospital | Exeter, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Responsible for accurate and timely analysis of discharged medical records, including inpatient and outpatient encounters utilizing the patient's electronic and paper charts. Assigns incomplete record deficiencies as per medical staff rules/regulations and hospital policies, Provides support to medical staff and assists HIM HIT staff with incomplete record process and other daily operations as required. Will consider 4 days per week Monday through Thursday.
1. Initiates the chart completion process by analyzing discharge medical records for completeness and assigning deficiency tags as appropriate to track incomplete and delinquent medical records within the electronic health record (EHR) incomplete medical record module.
2. Ensures all required inpatient and outpatient discharged medical record charts have been received and analyzed within the outlined benchmarks for analysis within the HIM department to achieve overall organizational compliance and availability.
3. Enters chart deficiencies that require reporting into MIDAS. Maintains the accuracy of deficiency logs to support quality improvement initiatives both internal and external to the HIM department. Supports HIM incomplete medical records module testing of EHR process when required. Scans and indexes documents, verifying forms and assigning form IDs as required for chart analysis/completion with a 98% accuracy rate.
4. Assists with priority chart processing as needed to expedite documentation for coding, release of information and other processes.
5. Prints and scans forms needed to complete the medical record.
6. Collaborates with analysis colleagues to process the monthly rejected orders list.
7. Monitors and processes all internal HIM mailbox requests for document corrections required for billing, patient identification, or chart completion purposes.
8. Assists with, and accepts Birth Registrar assignment to carry out routines required for data entry of State of NH Birth Worksheets and Affidavits of Paternity as necessary.
9. Assists with any/all HIT I job responsibilities as outlined in the HIT I job description and performs other duties as assigned.