HEAD CHEF Salary + Bonus Potential
Hampshire Hills | Milford, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingHEAD CHEF
Leader with strong skills sought to take our restaurant and functions facility to the next level! We are a family sports bar/grille located at Hampshire Hills Athletic Club, open to members & public, 4 nights a week. Dinner service only; plus The Event Center at Hampshire Hills providing food and fun to groups ranging from 20 – 2000! This is a hands-on position and the Head Chef will be leading by example on the line.
- Willing and eager to work the hours necessary and to perform the necessary tasks required in completing all job duties.
- Maintains the cost effectiveness of the restaurant while directing all food operations toward attaining the highest standards of quality in food in accordance with budgetary goals.
- Implements and adheres to generally accepted professional standards in the following areas.
- Kitchen safety and sanitation;
- Food storage, preparation, and service procedures;
- Hygiene, grooming, and uniform practices;
- Wage scales and payroll percentages within company-wide constructs
- Monitors industry trends and initiates efforts to maintain facility’s competitive status.
- Responsible for all daily food production and kitchen staff performance of duties.
- Responsible for all catering events and fulfillment of event order.
- Seeks feedback and evaluation from clientele; places guest’s needs and requests as top priority; follows up on guest-related problems.
- Prepares and reviews periodic operating reports to facilitate decision-making and evaluative efforts.
- Develops and monitors policies in the following areas:
- Delivery of food, food rotation, and preparation;
- Food cost of sales;
- Storeroom and ordering practices and procedures;
- Inventory methods;
- Supplies and equipment purchasing;
- Recipes and menu specifications;
- Staffing levels and scheduling and maintaining appropriate labor percentages; team with minimal staff turn-over
- Strives to enhance organizational and personal effectiveness and the quality of the work environment and morale-boosting activities.
- Keeps owners promptly and fully informed of all significant problems or unusual circumstances.
- Responsibilities not limited to above.
- Proven experience as head chef
- Excellent people skills to work with both Management and both front and back of house team members
- The most important traits you must possess are good problem solving skills and keeping cool under the pressured work environment of the restaurant kitchen.
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Degree in Culinary science or related certificate preferred