Employee Health RN
Huggins Hospital | Wolfeboro, NH
Under the general supervision of the HR Business Partner - Benefits, is responsible for pre-employment screenings and assisting the HR Business Partner with employee health assessments for occupational health, leave management, wellness, and ergonomics.
This is a part-time position working 16 hours per week.
Education: Graduate from an accredited nursing program. BSN preferred
Experience: 3 years current clinical nursing experience; proficient with electronic documentation systems; experience with Employee Health, pre-employment screening and work place safety.
Licensure: Current State RN License, Basic Life Support.
Employee Health Screenings
- Coordinates, schedules, and performs basic pre-placement assessments: completes pre-employment drug screenings, review of health and immunization history
- Notifies HR immediately with any concerns
- New hire “cleared to work” notifications are sent prior to start date
- Completes screenings for employees, volunteers, students, contractors, locums, temps, and others as requested
Employee Health HR Functions
- Has knowledge of basic employee health/safety, ergonomics, workers compensation, and OSHA laws
- Educates workforce regarding safe workplace practices and good hand hygiene practice
- Assists with wellness initiatives and completes employee screenings as needed
- Maintains Employee Health documentation
- Maintains system for syndromic surveillance of healthcare worker illness
- Coordinates with Human Resources to review all employees documentation to return-to-work
- Assists with ergonomic assessments for all employees as requested
- Participates in annual healthcare worker influenza prevention, “flu shot,” campaign
- Assists with hospital orientation program as needed
Quality and Advocacy
- Assures quality of care by adhering to clinical standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments
- Follows hospital and nursing division's mission, philosophies and standards of care
- Take proactive steps to recognize and report suspected abuse including child, geriatric, sexual, and spousal abuse, report to your supervisor
- Utilize appropriate resources for non-English speaking patients, hearing and sight impaired individuals, and/or healthcare illiteracy.
- Participates in quality review and performance improvement projects.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and/or participating in professional societies