Albany Engineered Composites | Rochester, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
- Will fabricate, troubleshoot, and/or maintain: machinery, fixtures, tooling, and electronic controls/components;
- Electrical wiring of industrial, production, and plant equipment in accordance with blueprints, manuals, and building codes
- Basic operation, maintenance and repair of physical plant electrical equipment for lighting, power, and HVAC
- On-call support of off-shift production as assigned.
- Requisition (as directed) and replenishment of machine/equipment consumables and spares
- Interact with production supervision and staff to ensure the timely flow of required information
- Documentation of equipment maintenance performed.
- Housekeeping and organization of the work area
- Safety- Strict adherence to the NEC/NFPA Electrical Code is required along with compliance with company safety policies and procedures including adherence to PPE requirements, Lock Out/ Tag Out Policy; Confined Space Policy, etc. Reporting of near misses / accidents in a timely manner to the Supervisor or Safety Coordinator.
- Quality- Consistently adheres to quality policies / procedures and produce quality work which meets or exceeds both internal and external stakeholder requirements.
- Productivity- Consistently meets production expectations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Teamwork- Consistently demonstrate respect for all stakeholders in the business and work productively and respectfully with others towards team and company goals
Position Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Demonstrated experience with Allen Bradley PLC's, and/or other PLC control systems such as Siemens
- Experience with electric motors and motor controls, VFD's,
- Knowledge of NEC/NFPA Electrical Code.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD LT to create/modify wiring diagrams/schematics as well as creating one-line diagrams
- Familiar with MSDS and their use
- Proper use of safety and personal protective equipment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnosis and repair of electro-mechanical equipment
- Demonstrated experience with PLC controls including; program updates, backups, programming, ladder logic and interfacing/troubleshooting of industrial equipment and its processes.
- Experience working with 480 volt services preferred, but not essential
- Safe operation of powered lifting equipment
- Capable of working independent of supervision under own initiative
- Work from prints, schematics and electrical control drawings.
- Good blueprint, sketch, layout, wiring diagram, drawing & specification creation/interpretation skills.
- Math skills consistent with position requirements
- Understand and follow training materials, technical drawings, and work instructions.
- Basic computer skills. Ability to learn basic MS Outlook/Word/Excel functions, PM program use and SAP transactions.
- Good hand -- eye coordination, manual dexterity and electro-mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. to shoulder height
- Good attention to detail and problem solving skills
- 20/20 vision either corrected or without correction
Additional Position Requirements (education, certifications, physical)
- High School or GED Equivalent Required
- 2-year degree in a relevant discipline preferred. Experience may be substituted for education at management's discretion.
- Industrial journeyman with Journeyman Certificate, preferred, but not essential