Boys & Girls Clubs of Central New Hampshire | Concord, NH
We are excited to offer a full-time Development Assistant position in Concord, NH. The Development Assistant’s duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to the CEO and development staff. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks related to data maintenance, communications and event planning. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Must effectively communicate via phone and email, highest professionalism and quality of work expected in dealing with the Club’s donors, volunteers, staff and members. Some evening and weekend hours related to event preparation and execution required. This is a full time, benefited position with an hourly rate between $15.00 and $18.00.
- Responsible for donor- related data entry within a donation database as well as assisting with correspondence, direct mail fundraising and community and public relations.
- Produce and distribute thank you letters and ensures they are sent out no later than 24 hours after the receipt of a contribution.
- Prepare, submit and reconcile regularly scheduled reports from donor database and Microsoft platforms
- Prepare and monitor invoices
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments for CEO and Development Director
- Responsible for coordinating the thank you process per the following schedule:
- For $500.00 donors - Ensures that the Development Director makes a phone call no more than 48 hours after the receipt of the gift.
- For $1,000.00 donors – Ensures that the Executive Director makes a phone call no more than 48 hours after the receipt of the gift.
- For $2,500.00 donors – Ensures that a phone calls is made by a member of the Board of Directors and the Executive Director no more than 48 hours after the receipt of the gift.
- Ensures that donors $500.00 and up receive a personal contact, either via a personal visit or phone call by a member of the organization no fewer than 4 times per year.
- Ensures that donors $1,000.00 and up receive a personal contact, either via a personal visit or phone call by a member of the organization no fewer than 4 times per year. Attend committee and board meetings with Development Director and CEO
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Maintain contact lists
- Maintain admin office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Help execute donor mailings by assisting with mailing list preparation, printing, labeling and stuffing envelopes
- Assist in preparation and day-of execution of fundraising events.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, scanning and other tasks upon request
- Develop and maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Handle multiple projects
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
An associate degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience is desirable. The development assistant must have excellent verbal communication, strong administrative skills, attention to detail, a demonstrated ability to work well with people the ability to work independently, familiarity with word processing, data entry and other computing skills. Experience with a donor maintenance database or willingness to learn is essential. Must be able to handle multiple projects and retain sensitive information in a confidential manner. This position is salaried and will require occasional early morning, evening and weekend hours.
Please email your resume and a letter of interest to Jon Clay at email@example.com.