Day Camp Director-Seasonal
Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains | Portsmouth, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingThe Camp Director is responsible for the total operation of the day camp. This position requires the ability to work continuously with children and adults eight hours a day, while maintaining a high level of energy and enthusiasm. The Camp Director must be physically able to walk fairly long distances over rugged terrain. This position also involves much pre-season preparation and after-hours work.
The Camp Director oversees the development and implementation of flexible, creative program which reflects the mission and vision of Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains. The Camp Director interviews, hires, trains, supervises, and releases staff. The Director also oversees campers, finances, camp supplies and transportation.
1. Is responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, supervising, and releasing staff members.
- Enforces all GSGWM personnel policies and develops procedures pertinent to camp.
- Plans and implements a required staff training which provides staff members with the tools and materials needed to perform their jobs.
- Ensures ongoing supervision of all staff members to maintain safe and high quality program.
- Attends all scheduled GSGWM camp trainings.
- Oversees and ensure that Business Manager submits all required employment paperwork from volunteers and paid staff, six weeks prior to camp beginning.
- Completes goals and end of summer evaluations with all staff.
- Ensures that the Girl Scout mission, vision, and program goals are carried out.
- Implements program with a particular focus on self-esteem, removing gender stereotyping, and valuing differences.
- Develops camp-specific risk and crisis management plans in compliance with GSGWM crisis management plan.
- Train Staff on risk and crisis.
- Handles emergency situations, follows up with documentation (incident/accident reports), and submits information to Human Resources in a timely manner.
- Works with the Business Manager to ensure financial records are submit to the Bedford office on a regular basis and that budget is remaining on target.
- Ensures transportation policies are implemented and that campers are on correct bus routes.
- Ensures that campers and staff are placed in appropriate units.
- Works with the Business Manager to ensure that all purchases are made in a timely fashion including, Supplies and Trading Post.
- Maintains good communication with parents through parent letters, phone conversations, and open houses.
- Ensures that all equipment is well cared for and returned to proper storage.
- Ensures the camp property is well maintained throughout use and left in good condition. Works with Property specialist to open and close camp. Walk through of camp is completed 3 months prior to camp beginning.
5. Keeps accurate records and completes paper work in a timely manner; including reports, insurance claims, accident reports, evaluations, camper information, work reviews, and inventories.
- 25 years old or older as required by the American Camp Association.
- Experience teaching and working with large groups of children.
- Experience working with and supervising adults.
- Ability to assess and respond immediately with good judgment in a crisis.
- Ability to communicate quickly and efficiently with staff members and campers.
- Interest in, and knowledge of, Girl Scout Program.
- Ability to interview, hire, train, supervise, and release staff.
- Ability to use good judgment regarding health and safety and personnel.
- Must participate in all required training.
- Acceptance of the Girl Scout Promise and Law and commitment to become a member of Girl Scouts of the USA
Camp Seawood, ALL Girls Summer Camp, Portsmouth, NH