Data Engineer II
Measured Progress | Dover, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingPosition Summary Under moderate supervision, the Data Engineer II accepts and validates all student level data for assigned projects in order to ensure data integrity. Combines several sources of data used for reporting test results. The Data Engineer II also provides input and support into internal products and systems that affect data in the company. This position follows established protocols and standards when performing tasks and work outside of standard processes and procedures must be approved by department manager. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Validate and accept student level data including student demographic and test data from various sources and provided in various formats.
- Perform cleanup activities to data per specifications created.
- Perform documentation of data processing specifications to ensure common understanding of processes and procedures used on a project.
- Participate in project meetings in order to ensure data integrity issues are discussed and resolved.
- Develop code and process to support validation, cleanup, transformation and delivery of student data.
- Provide data support to internal products and systems.
- Provide input into the development of internal products and systems.
- Develop appropriate quality assurance steps to be implemented on projects to ensure data accuracy.
- Provide support to team members on projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and three (3) to five (5) years of experience in SQL development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- SQL programming of complex views, stored procedures, functions, and scripts
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of developing user-facing reports and forms
- Experience with Visual Studio and C# preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office