Customer Service Member Placement Specialist
Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains | Bedford, NH
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
The Member Placement Specialist is responsible for successfully culminating recruitment efforts by initiating and pursuing communication strategies and protocols needed to convert prospective members (leads) to registered members. The Member Placement Specialist is responsible for securing increased girl and adult volunteer participation as well as the community partnerships needed to implement and deliver Girl Scouting within an assigned area.
1. In conjunction with the Membership Recruitment team, contributes to the development of inside membership recruitment strategies; implements all finalized strategies to meet Council goals.
2. Supports external recruitment efforts, finalizes and secures membership enrollment leads.
3. Conducts follow-up on new leads and referrals and other prospective members and community partners, primarily through phone and in written communication.
4. Manages membership opportunity catalog for new and existing troops; continually updates and enters opportunities into the system; identifies spot availability with troops.
5. Assist the Director of Member Mission Delivery with market data research, membership trends, multi-cultural data, demographics and other pertinent information to develop and implement individual action plans and schedules which identify specific target contacts to secure and close lead generation resulting from the external recruitment efforts.
6. Answers questions and resolves problems appropriate to inquires resulting in the placement of new members and reinforces customer’s decision to join Girl Scouts.
7. Prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
8. Works with cross-functional teams to develop innovative techniques to ensure on going effective delivery of the recruitment and placement strategies.
9. Ensures Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
10. Promotes and assists with Council wide programs, activities, public relations and fund development endeavors.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree or 2 years’ experience in sales, recruiting, or marketing experience.
· Proven sales experience record, preferred.
· Excellent technical computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and customer relationship management systems or other data tracking systems.
Belief in the mission of GSGWM, persistence, and the ability to listen.
· Become a registered Girl Scout member.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Self-management and Confidence.
· Active Listening
· Sales Ambition
· Sales Skills
· Marketing Knowledge
· Oral and Written Communication
· Interpersonal Relationship Building
· Customer Service
· Analytical Thinking
· Detail Oriented
· Goal Driven
· Able to sit upright and view computer screen for several hours at a time.
· Ability to lift 35 lbs.
Regular full-time schedule to be established within the guidelines of Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Will require flexible scheduling of work and travel time to accommodate district/Council-wide staff meetings and trainings.
· General Office Equipment
· Microsoft Office Suite
· Council Enterprise Software
· Normal office environment
· Occasional travel within two-state jurisdiction (New Hampshire and Vermont)
· Occasional evening and weekend work commitments
· Travel for professional development training
We offer a competitive benefits package.