Custodian (Building Service Worker) 3rd Shift
Plymouth State University | Plymouth, NH
Building Service Worker
The Building Services Department is seeking a positive, customer service oriented person to become part of the building services team. The schedule for this position is a 3rd shift position working Friday-Tuesday 11:00 pm – 7:30 am. This is a full-time benefited position. Under general supervision from designated supervisor, to perform a variety of skilled or semi-skilled tasks, or skilled labor related to building service work for the upkeep of a safe, clean and healthy living and working environment.
The successful candidate will be:
- Maintaining floors and other surfaces, including vacuuming, mopping and washing.
- Renovating floor surfaces, including application of stripping/finish chemical, scrubbing, scrapping, and buffing.
- Cleaning residence hall bathrooms, public restrooms and athletic locker-rooms, using approved methods for handling/cleaning blood borne pathogens and other body fluids in lavatories, shower stalls, bathtubs, toilets, and urinals to ensure a clean/healthy environment.
- Cleaning and/or washing windows, wall partitions and door glass.
- Cleaning carpet floor coverings, including shampooing and bonneting.
- Shoveling or sweeping snow from steps and immediate area at building entrances.
- Washing/cleaning the light fixtures.
- Using approved methods and formulas for mixing cleaning chemicals for application.
- Operating automatic scrubbers, power sweepers, vacuums and buffers used in building cleaning.
- Reporting all items that require maintenance/repair.
- Collecting all waste material, and removing to outdoor collection bins.
- Responsible for ordering needed weekly cleaning supplies through campus stores.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- High school graduation or G.E.D.
- Ability to operate power-cleaning equipment.
- Ability to respond to emergencies.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy work with exposure to inclement weather conditions for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to wear and use personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Ability to read English.
- Ability to interact with varied client needs.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- One-year or more of related cleaning experience.
- Positive customer service attitude.
- Blood Borne Pathogens and MSDS training.
Apply: PSU uses an online application process. To apply for this position please follow the link provided here http://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/32112
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled unless otherwise closed at the institution’s discretion.
Benefits & Salary: Plymouth State University provides a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit program that includes Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Retirement, Earned Time, Tuition Waiver and more! The salary range for this position is $10.83/hour to $12.50 /hour
Background Check: The finalist for this position will be required to undergo a full background check. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon satisfactory results. Additionally, a pre-employment, post offer physical will be required of the successful candidate.